Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good tv shows especially on netflix?
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Good tv shows especially on netflix?
Nah, suspense is something that keeps you interested, while what they've been doing is just making things terribly slow and losing peoples interest. Everyone who watched it agreed, it was shite. The first half of the season was snail paced and so was the last episode. You could have had the whole episode last 15 min and conveyed just as much story. Massively disappointing, but predictable. Been getting gradually worse. I understand most ardent fans would still like it. I thought the previous episode was one of the better ones since the story left the prison. The show also lost it's southern hick charm. It had that going for it until they moved north.

It's a bit like the fallout series all over. I had a look at fallout 4 the other day... it's got nothing to do with fallout of old. There's no atmosphere. It's scary, it's just kinda retro scifi shit.
04-06-2016, 05:43 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rick91's post:
  • SpecialEd
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc Best short movie ever made
04-06-2016, 05:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
For me the main draw of TWD now is how far gone Rick can go.

He overtook Darryl as my favourite character a while back, the women Carols development has also been very interesting seeing her from the beaten useless housewife to killer of children / abandoned by group then going Rambo on the cannibals and being accepted and appreciated. Shows the group as a whole going from having at times useless morals to functioning purely on survival.

Drop a group of sjws in Somalia and you could probably come up with a documentry conveying the same thing.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 07:13 AM by Rick91.)
04-06-2016, 07:12 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
(04-06-2016, 05:47 AM)Rick91 Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc Best short movie ever made

Thomas Jane truly nailed that role. The new guy in Daredevil is good, but he's having to live up to a legend. Fucking loved that movie..

It kinda piqued my interests in martial arts. To be able to wreak that much havoc on a human body...it'd be pretty cool.
04-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I thought the main Thomas Jane punisher movie was ok. He did good but the brutality from Dirty laundry wasn't there. It was a famous heavy rock musician who wrote and directed the short movie I think.

That's what's so great about daredevil for a superhero show they're pushing the brutality/realism to a degree/violence hard.

I can't quite put my finger on why the fight scenes are so good. It's like every move has a point. What Daniel Craig did for bond they do for Kung fu. They make it thuggish.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2016, 10:33 AM by Rick91.)
04-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

TWD is just inconsistent, probably because there's writers writing episodes that don't even talk to each other. The main draw of the later seasons was for the viewer to find out if Rick was just becoming a complete monster, but they completely backtracked on that again lately. Same goes for his kid, who is psycho half the time but the rest of the time is looking out for others.
04-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
Things I have watched recently:

Brooklyn nine-nine S3 (Andy Samberg is my main man)
The Last Panthers (crime drama set in Serbia/France, only 6 eps, pretty real/depressing, worth watching)

I am about to start watching Deutschland '83, which is about a German kid brought up as a Stasi agent.
04-18-2016, 12:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jesssmart Offline
Stowaway

Have you heard that Netflix has announced it will clamp down on users who access it through virtual private networks. Nevertheless, there are still some decent VPN providers that can easily beat Netflix ban (check them out https://www.firesticktricks.com/best-netflix-vpn.html ). Personally, I use ExpressVPN to access Netflix US. Speeds are solid, and lots of servers to choose from...
02-06-2019, 03:27 AM
Find Reply