Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What yall think of this? Clerk in the right or wrong?
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
What yall think of this? Clerk in the right or wrong?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=789_1370890511

Arab gas station clerk gets in argument with young black guy. Black guy punches him in the face. Clerk pulls out gun and waxes him. Click link for video.

Activist groups are up in a roar.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM by Dash.)
06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

RE: What yall think of this? Clerk in the right or wrong?
this is another example of this whole "black discrimination" garbage....the dude punched the clerk in the face, looked like he was down to throw down some more..... and in Texas, the arab had every right to shoot him in self-defense. Next time, little tyrone shouln't act like a cowboy and think about the consequences of what he's doing.

honestly, i think arab didn't have to shoot him. at the least shoot him in the leg or something. But it is what it is, the arab prob got really shook at the situation and his nerves pulled the trigger...

with that said, i hope he doesnt get charger with anything....that goes for Zimmerman (in florida) as well
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Is the black teenager dead? This is what happens when everyone has guns. They're both in the wrong. And I'm sure the arab guy isn't proud he's shot someone now either, over a punch that hurt but definitely not injure him.
06-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

let's not get into this gun debate again....both sides can be argued well here.

the way i see it, it is what it is....and btw this dude had a gun because he worked a mini mart.everyone at mini marts have guns to use against robbers.

black kid is in critical condition
06-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

What is there argue? It's a loss loss situation for everyone involved. Kid's gonna probably shit in a bag, at least for six months. Arab (is he arab, who knows) guy gonna have nightmares and be outcast. The video clearly shows that pussy punch doesn't warrant shooting someone from point bank range.

"Oh you're the guy shot a kid from 2 yards in the bowels?" Real icebreaker right there.

You think he's gonna have many friends left? If my brother shot a teen from that close range looking him in the eye without being threatened by a weapon himself I might publically support him, but I'd certainly think my part. He's not even on his own is he, there's another guy standing next to him, or that the friend of the black kid?

Are you asking about whether the guy should be charged or not?
06-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
I am all for self defense and being accountable for your actions.

If your gonna assault someone you better be ready for any repercussions even death.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 11:45 PM by Dash.)
06-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

i def dont think he should be charged. he was within the law to shoot him. black guy fucked up for attacking him. Had this been in the northern states like ny, nj, etc arab would be in jail already.
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Yeah I'm not sure he should be charged, i guess it falls within self defence, even though it's excessive to shoot someone for a punch.

You think he would be? Well then there's something that's wrong with the US, how can the same act result in incarceration/freedom within the same country. Totally arbitrary.
06-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

(06-11-2013, 11:49 PM)Sexyback Wrote: Yeah I'm not sure he should be charged, i guess it falls within self defence, even though it's excessive to shoot someone for a punch.

You think he would be? Well then there's something that's wrong with the US, how can the same act result in incarceration/freedom within the same country. Totally arbitrary.

well this goes back to the black discrimination bs i was referring to. if the blacks cause a big enough uproar he might be....although it's in texas so he is less likely. they are wild cowboys over there all about guns and the liberal laws etc....

similar thing happened in florida with zimmerman and supposedly the black kid really attacked him they had a big scuffle and all. but that was dark and there were no witnesses. initially zimmerman was let go but the bs protests by the black put the heat on the cops to charge him DESPITE florida having a "stand your ground" law.

so well see
06-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Has zimmermann been tried though?

You don't want to be that guy. Self defence or not, walking around knowing you ended the life of some 14 year old kid. Can't feel great.
06-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

nah the trial is just about to begin....cant wait for a verdict...

i dont think i would feel bad if i did that knowing the "kid" wanted to fuck me up
06-12-2013, 03:58 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
mistersnort Offline
Banned

I'm for shooting people to protect yourself from serious crimes, but there exist a small segment of people who seem to be abusing gun rights (ie. going out looking for a fight and using a gun when they really shouldn't). I think Zimmerman falls into this category. He went around on neigbourhood watches with a gun, its only a matter of time before he shot someone given his personality to look for confrontation. If I were to have shot everyone who took a swing or I got into a fight with at me when I wasn't the aggressor, I would have shot 6 guys in one night in stockholm, 3 guys in one night paris, 4 guys one day in toronto, a few guys in nyc, a guy over a parking spot who took a swing at me because he claimed he was waiting for 15 minutes for the spot I drove into (fucking liar). Seriously there'd be a long trial of dead people if I were to shoot everyone I fought. I am all for gun rights, but some people on the right need to understand that if we say you can shoot anyone who punches you then every weekend in america, everyone is going to go to nightclubs and bars with guns and shoot off each other and soon there will be no more nightlife because no one will insure bars or clubs and they'll all just get shutdown.

As for the Zimmerman thing, well even a cop would get in shit for shooting a criminal if the criminal was unarmed, as in he can go to jaila nd lose his job. Zimmerman isn't even using the stand your ground defense, because he got out of his car and went after the kid. He is using self defense.

After watching the video, I am 100% sure that clerk was in the wrong, he was just imo looking for a confrontation and looking to kill. Clerk was locked in the store, kid was behind the glass locked outside, they were arguing through the glass. Clerk went to the door with the gun and seemed to be trying to hand motion the kid into the place, kid threw a single punch and clerk shot him dead. That is not even close to self defence. Now had the Clerk shot the people who robbed him then that would be fine in my book. stand your ground and self defense doesn't mean you can shoot someone for punching you, especially when you are the aggressor who pursues the other person. If you are locked ina house, car, room and you go out to confront someone its no longer stand your ground. Stand your ground means if you are in your house and someone breaks in, you don't have to run out your house, you can shoot them, which I agree with. Self Defense doesn't allow you to use dispropotionate force, not even police can get away with shooting unarmed people who resist them without getting charged for a minimum excessive force if not murder. Even from a mere practical standpoint, how do you justify shooting people every time there is a fist fight? Every time I go to a bar or club there is a fight, that'd basically mean in every town and bar across america there'd be mass shooting every friday. Shooting someone for punching you, whats next shoot them for giving you a dirty look or standing "threatening"?

06-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

@mistersnort

i agree with you people need to chill and use guns as a very last resort. a lot of them use it as a first resort.

that being said, the zimmerman thing is a little more complicated than that. yes, he got out of his car to confront the kid but supposedly the kid started swingin at him and they were on the ground wrestling at which point the kid tried to reach for his gun but failed. and thats when zimmerman shot him. IF thats true, zimmerman should be a free man. but its hard to know what happened as there were no witnesses. I actually really curious what the verdict will be on that one because without the mass black protests there wouldnt have even been a trial
06-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
mistersnort Offline
Banned

I agree Zimmerman is complicated because there is a possibility trayvon thought he was being followed by someone weird and both of these guys decided to confront each other. My guess is zimmerman followed him he probably turned around and said why fucking you following me in and then a fight broke out. Who threw first, who knows, only they really do. Some people have explosive personalities and are prone to get into fights and would use a gun when they really shouldn't be. I suspect Zimmerman is one of those people, he should have known better. Even if he is innocent in this case (I am not talking about the ruling but factual the story is as he said), I am not impressed with his behaviour. It was only a matter of time before he was going to shoot someone with his general behaviour of going around following people he finds "suspect". There is a reason why bouncer's don't have guns and most security guards don't have guns, its not because they don't encounter dangerous people it is because you put someone in a situation with temper and anger and its too easy to misuse a gun out of anger in a fist fight rather than because you actually need to kill the guy.

Zimmerman had a pattern of following and more or less chasing after guys he thought were suspicious. It is only reasonable that if 1 man who is basically a stranger to another, follows other men (in a clearly non discreet way) on a consistent basis a fight will occur and given he is no blackbelt, it should have been foreseeable to him that one of the guys he fought might beat his ass or at least get the upper hand. His response to that was to carry a gun so that if he was losing a fist fight he'd shoot and kill the person. This is not like Joe Horn shooting a theif in the act who just happens to be black/mexican. This is a guy who more or less planned to shoot people or foresaw that he was going to end up shooting people in losing a fight.

Moral of the story is, if you going to follow around people you think are suspected criminals, a gun may still be approproriate but non lethal weapons like a taser or pepper spray or a baton would often be more useful and will also prevent you from going on trial for a crime you may not even did. Strangely enough, the most effective thing Zimmerman could have done prior to the fight was likely to just brandish the gun or fire a shot in the air before a fight actually started. That makes me think to an extent he may have been the aggressor, because if someone is running at you and you are scared of them, your first thought is to draw your gun. Maybe he started the fight and when he started losing pulled the gun. I don't know its all too speculative. Even if Zimmerman is telling 100% truth and isn't lying, is it even worth it to do neighbourhood watch wtih a gun when your life will be ruined even if your found innocent, he's going to be in jail for a few years before he actually makes it to trial, even if found not guilty he will never get a meaningful job (arrested and put on trial for murder) I am sure people are going to want to hire you especially after all his dirty laundry (like his arrest and charges for assault on police and domestic violence) is now a google search away.

Even if zimmerman is found not guilty his life is still more or less ruined. Jail breaks you down, makes you lazy. If you ever been in a sitation where you didn't work or do anything for a year, you'll understand why criminals become career criminals. Someone spends several years in jail they just can't work, they get exhausted too easily.Where most of us feel tired throughout the day they just can't keep up
06-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(06-12-2013, 05:25 AM)mistersnort Wrote: I'm for shooting people to protect yourself from serious crimes, but there exist a small segment of people who seem to be abusing gun rights (ie. going out looking for a fight and using a gun when they really shouldn't).

You dont think assualt is a serious crime? You know people have died from a single punch (knocked out and head cracked etc)

Quote:I think Zimmerman falls into this category. He went around on neigbourhood watches with a gun, its only a matter of time before he shot someone given his personality to look for confrontation.

People shouldnt be allowed to patrol / keep their neighborhood safe from thieves and thugs? Would be stupid not to bring a gun. ie You see 2 guys casing your neighbor's house and trying to get in from a window. You confront them and they attack you. You def need a gun.

Quote:
If I were to have shot everyone who took a swing or I got into a fight with at me when I wasn't the aggressor, I would have shot 6 guys in one night in stockholm, 3 guys in one night paris, 4 guys one day in toronto, a few guys in nyc, a guy over a parking spot who took a swing at me because he claimed he was waiting for 15 minutes for the spot I drove into (fucking liar). Seriously there'd be a long trial of dead people if I were to shoot everyone I fought.

I dont really get the sympathy you give people that assault and try to hurt you. No one has the right to put their hands on another human being (outside of self defense). These are punks and thugs who have probably assaulted numerous people. World would be a better place without them.

Quote:I am all for gun rights, but some people on the right need to understand that if we say you can shoot anyone who punches you then every weekend in america, everyone is going to go to nightclubs and bars with guns and shoot off each other and soon there will be no more nightlife because no one will insure bars or clubs and they'll all just get shutdown.

I dont think they would allow people to bring in guns to a nightclub. Just freak dancing with a girl might could make a gun go off etc. However in the street or at someones home sure. Put it this way, are you gonna punch someone knowing they have a gun and risk getting killed / imprisoned? If you are a sane individual I guess it you wouldnt as death or time in jail is not worth it over some dumb argument you had with a stranger.

Quote:After watching the video, I am 100% sure that clerk was in the wrong, he was just imo looking for a confrontation and looking to kill. Clerk was locked in the store, kid was behind the glass locked outside, they were arguing through the glass. Clerk went to the door with the gun and seemed to be trying to hand motion the kid into the place, kid threw a single punch and clerk shot him dead. That is not even close to self defence.

It is self defense as the clerk didnt lay a hand on the boy. The boy assaults the clerk and the clerk defends himself. Now was the clerk smart in opening the door? Probably not, as the roles could have been reversed if the boy blasted the clerk first. Stupidity is not a crime however.

Quote: Now had the Clerk shot the people who robbed him then that would be fine in my book. stand your ground and self defense doesn't mean you can shoot someone for punching you, especially when you are the aggressor who pursues the other person.

The boy had every opportunity to walk away. It is not against the law to pursue someone so long as you dont touch them or trespass. Just because someone says something to you you dont like doesnt give you the right to assault them.

Quote:If you are locked ina house, car, room and you go out to confront someone its no longer stand your ground. Stand your ground means if you are in your house and someone breaks in, you don't have to run out your house, you can shoot them, which I agree with. Self Defense doesn't allow you to use dispropotionate force, not even police can get away with shooting unarmed people who resist them without getting charged for a minimum excessive force if not murder.

Self defense simply implies you thought your life was in danger. Which is subjective. Actually in certain states cops can shoot a fleeing unarmed criminal depending on a few circumstances.

Quote:Even from a mere practical standpoint, how do you justify shooting people every time there is a fist fight? Every time I go to a bar or club there is a fight, that'd basically mean in every town and bar across america there'd be mass shooting every friday. Shooting someone for punching you, whats next shoot them for giving you a dirty look or standing "threatening"?

As I pointed out earlier, no one has the right to assault another person. People have died from 1 single punch. Dirty look or stance is not comparable.

06-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Find Reply