Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What yall think of this? Clerk in the right or wrong?
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: What yall think of this? Clerk in the right or wrong?
(06-18-2013, 12:48 PM)mistersnort Wrote: So you get into an argument with a guy he pulls out a gun and you punch him to try to stop him from killing you and kill you. I do't see how that is legal or reasonable.

You better do more than punch him. More like try and grab the gun / disarm him. Chances of knocking him out with one punch are slim. After that he will just shoot you.

Technically if the person has a permit for the gun there is nothing illegal about him pulling it out.

Pretty much a hey, dont fuck with me, im armed and will use it if you attack / escalate the argument.

06-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
mistersnort Offline
Banned

brandishing, in Texas they have a different law, I already quoted it, its a crime in and of itself. But it will be overlooked if you are being robbed, raped, murdered etc (but not punched in your face)

"Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;"

If all one had to was to be hit once for you to shoot someone dead, then every wife killer would just alleged yes she slapped/punched me in an argument and I pulled out my gun and killed her. No one would buy that defense. No jury, no judge, no prosecutor, no cop is going to let you walk for blowing someone you had an argument with away.

The law is weird, if a girl punches you in the back and you beat the shit out of her in response the prosecutor wil try to lock you up.
06-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
The problem is proving your claim in court.

Things need to look right and add up especially if you dont have proof and witnesses.

The clerk that shot the black guy was lucky because it was all captured on video clear as day. Dude assaulted him, he defended himself. End of story.
06-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Find Reply