The Serbia Thread (Belgrade & Novi Sad)
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
The Serbia Thread (Belgrade & Novi Sad)
All right guys!
So I'm off to Belgrade and Novi Sad in two weeks. I'm lookig forward to it. I'm going with four friends and we can a kick ass apartment right in the center of Belgrade.

I understand that in "Splavi" floating club open in the summer, so we'll be checking them out. If anybody has any recommendation let me know.
I'll be dropping data after the trip.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
06-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: The Serbia Thread (Belgrade & Novi Sad)
Good luck.
06-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Broon Offline
Lieutenant

How long you there for? We arrive in Belgrade 3 weeks on Saturday prior to Exit.
06-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
My recommendations for BG are

Povetarac(alternative splav with approachable cute chicks)
20/44 Splav, this place should be visited very late at night when masturbation beckons
Plastic Splav, somewhere in between fancy crowd and alternative

Do not miss lake Ada when the weather is good, the quality of young chicks will blow your pants iff

A friend has told me good things a bout Novi Sad, I have been there a couple of times for Exit, but at no other times.

As bars Oblicev Venac area in the centre is pretty cool, there is an "Irish Pub" where i have encountered the most approachable women

06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
@Deb: Thanks for the info, man. 2 weeks to go!
@Broon: I'm in Belgrade July 1st for three nights, then I'm just passing through Novi Sad for a night,
06-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
fallenmanifesto Offline
Le mystérieux sombre

Venezuela
Keen for a Belgrade city guide those girls look amazing Big Grin
06-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
This group covers nightlife in the fancy clubs

https://www.facebook.com/HotSpotBeograd?ref=ts&fref=ts
06-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
varst Offline
Deckhand

Belgium
Been in belgrade last summer for 2 days before taking the night train to sofia. Those serbian giraffes are stunning. We all felt downgraded arriving in bulgaria. The splavs is where the party is at. We made friends with a large mixed student group on one of the splavs which made things a lot easier. They took us to a club which was in an appartment block in old town afterwards. You would never expect a club to be in there if you were just passing by. They claimed during the winter the party always goes down in these hidden clubs. The main shopping street is like a pusy parade during the dat and like deb said, if the weather is good the lake is heaven.
06-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
omsy Offline
Stowaway

(06-14-2013, 11:45 AM)deb auchery Wrote: My recommendations for BG are

Povetarac(alternative splav with approachable cute chicks)
20/44 Splav, this place should be visited very late at night when masturbation beckons
Plastic Splav, somewhere in between fancy crowd and alternative

Do not miss lake Ada when the weather is good, the quality of young chicks will blow your pants iff

A friend has told me good things a bout Novi Sad, I have been there a couple of times for Exit, but at no other times.

As bars Oblicev Venac area in the centre is pretty cool, there is an "Irish Pub" where i have encountered the most approachable women

I'm planning to go to Belgrade next week and wanted your advice on a few things. I'm looking at two areas to rent an apartment, 1) near Brankov bridge, which offers good logistics for partying on the Splavs or 2) closer to blvd despota stefana and nearer to republic sq. Which one would you recommend? in the summer are the hottest places usually splavs? or bars/clubs in the centre?

Also have you got any recommendations for places during the day where you can take your laptop and chill, read a book and chat to people (girls)? like a nice cafe or something?

Thanks
(06-14-2013, 03:50 AM)Zolo Wrote: All right guys!
So I'm off to Belgrade and Novi Sad in two weeks. I'm lookig forward to it. I'm going with four friends and we can a kick ass apartment right in the center of Belgrade.

I understand that in "Splavi" floating club open in the summer, so we'll be checking them out. If anybody has any recommendation let me know.
I'll be dropping data after the trip.

Zolo I'm gonna be in Belgrade for at least a week between 24 june - 1 july, you wanna link up?
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2013, 10:40 PM by omsy.)
06-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
For apartments, we went with Basco Apartments, and got a GREAT place right between the bridge and Rep Square. However, you're leaving it very late to book. I struggled to find ANY apartment in that area. At this stage, you're going to end up near the train station.

As for the meet-up on July 1st, that's the date we arrive. I'm meeting four other friends and we're going wild that night. Some of them have never met before so trying to gel the new crew. Therefore, if we were to meet, it would have to be a late night drunken rendezvous where you would join our pub crawl. Send us you're Serb number here when you get it.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 09:10 AM by Zolo.)
06-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
omsy Offline
Stowaway

(06-21-2013, 09:08 AM)Zolo Wrote: For apartments, we went with Basco Apartments, and got a GREAT place right between the bridge and Rep Square. However, you're leaving it very late to book. I struggled to find ANY apartment in that area. At this stage, you're going to end up near the train station.

As for the meet-up on July 1st, that's the date we arrive. I'm meeting four other friends and we're going wild that night. Some of them have never met before so trying to gel the new crew. Therefore, if we were to meet, it would have to be a late night drunken rendezvous where you would join our pub crawl. Send us you're Serb number here when you get it.

yeah I found a lot of places near the station, I'm looking at this one particular apartment on Gavrila Principa street which is between the bridge and the square seems within 10 -20 min walking between both.

But then there's one near the bulevard despota which has a few bars on it and is the other side of the city centre away from the bridge. Logistically speaking, Would you recommend staying nearer to the river/bridge or nearer to the city centre (down town) ?

ok so I'll send you my serbian number on here and we can keep in touch, I will have been there for a week when you touch down.
06-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
I'm not a expert on the city, but from my research, I'd stay as near to Republic Square as possible.
Anybody care to weight in?
06-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
In the end it doesn't matter so much where the apartment is as long as it's fairly central, worst comes to worse you take your shag in a taxi home.
Quote:Also have you got any recommendations for places during the day where you can take your laptop and chill, read a book and chat to people (girls)? like a nice cafe or something?

Watch out for smoky cafes, there are some non-smoking ones but they are few and far between. The smoke is choking
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM by deb auchery.)
06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Broon Offline
Lieutenant

Well said Deb, don't mind smoking and smokers but you get so used to going out and not being shrouded in the tobacco cloud.

Yeah Zolo, stay near Republic Square, purely as it's relatively central near the best venues/amenities. Also cheers for the shout, I'll miss your pirate related shenanigans by a few days!
06-22-2013, 02:10 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Haven't been to Serbia but im planning to..Just seen this film and its the most sick ever made..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/
S4F/G4B
06-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Find Reply