Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time is your Most Valuable Asset - Financial Freedom I
[-] The following 1 user Likes 007 Game's post:
  • Vorkuta
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Time is your Most Valuable Asset - Financial Freedom I
EVERYTHING is replaceable, its sad, but true. Friendships come and go, we fall in and out of love, and we buy gadgets meant to change our lives, only to discover we never needed them in the first place. Don’t misunderstand me, I’m a very sentimental person. I cherish friendship more than anything and I’m incredibly grateful for the long lasting friendship I’ve shared with a very close buddy since the age of seven. That friendship is not replaceable and the friend can never really be replaced (he’s truly one of a kind!), but I know that there’s very little I can’t live without and even without this particular friendship I would survive.

There is only one thing that is truly irreplaceable, you can’t save it, you can’t exchange it, you can’t invest it, and you can’t get more of it, regenerate it, or manufacture it. After its gone, its gone for good, and you’ve been losing it every single moment since the day you were born. You need it more than anything and its always in short supply… You’re greatest, most important, and most valuable asset is time.

Your time is running out. Right now, as you read these words, clocks everywhere are ticking away. The passage of time is not necessarily a bad thing. If time stood still we’d likely stagnate and decay. As seconds, minutes, hours, and days pass, we are reminded that we must make good use of the limited time that’s been offered us.

Do most people spend their time doing what they REALLY want? Absolutely not.

Everyone has a grand plan for their future, to start a business, write a book, build a house, etc… Very few people really pursue their dreams, since its always easier to postpone their actualization and wait for some “other time”. There is no “other time”, it’s an illusion. The older we get the more complicated it becomes. Commitments mount, we get married, start families, and acquire more stuff that eats away at time; fixing the car, mowing the lawn, replacing the a light bulb, trading in the old TV. People have become convinced that its best to postpone their dreams for retirement, following the age old mantra “work hard today to enjoy life tomorrow”… that is, when you turn 65.

Well, I’m not 65 yet but let me tell you, my body is already not what it was in my teens. Running up a hill, biking all over Europe, keeping up with a 21 year old in bed… sure I can do it, but ALREADY its not the same as it was only a few years ago. From our 20’s onward we’re in decline. And hey, who the hell said that we’ll even make it to 65? We could both be dead tomorrow.

So, what am I really saying here? If time is running out and there’s really nothing we can do about it, should we all just quit our jobs, take drugs, and go party? Not quite.

There is one thing that you can do with time and that’s to LEVERAGE it. You can use your time more effectively, increase your productivity and do more with it. More friendships, more travel, more sex? Yes, that too, but that’s not where I’m going with this. Life should be lived at its own pace, everyone’s pace may be different, and the faster you run, the less you’ll enjoy it. I believe that people run through their lives too quickly, so quickly they barely enjoy it, going through the motions; College, Family, career, three cars, and two vacations a year. Most people live their lives following a giant check list, checking off as many items as possible, and competing with their friends for the highest score. People find happiness in friendship, dancing, music, travel, and sunshine… The best things in life are free, or nearly free. Your only real investment is in time, and time, as I’ve said, could be leveraged.

According to the US Department of Labor United States residents spent at least 1896 hours per week at work, that is five hours EACH day, if weekends and vacations are included. That’s five hours each day you could be spending with friends or family doing the things that you love. This is where time leverage comes into play. You can leverage your time to be working much less and saving much more, making time work FOR you instead of AGAINST you. To do so you’ll need to change the way you look at the world and transform yourself from a consumer of time and a producer of value for an employer into a manufacturer of value to others.

How to do this is a matter for the next post.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 06:31 PM by 007 Game.)
10-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: Time is your Most Valuable Asset - Financial Freedom I
Family is partially irreplaceable. You only have 1 mother, father, siblings, etc.

Time is the single most important aspect of life. It grants us the opportunity to be with loved ones and do the things we enjoy.

10-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Find Reply