Rules & Moderation
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: Rules & Moderation
(11-23-2013, 08:08 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote: @Dash:

I believe it was a good idea to get this thread going and some discussion regarding forum moderation.

I think I tried it before, but didnt really do much. ie still having the same issues

Quote:I had been a little mystified about what is going on with the banning/moderation when I made my post, in the Dash Manila thread in this link:

http://www.naughtynomadforum.com/forum/s...8#pid19308

To me, it seems that BigDave outlined good core principles for moderation and forum rules, - though of course there seem to be other potential rules and/or principles, as well that would give NN the flavor pertinent to the character of NN. However, generally, i like that BigDave pointed out that there should NOT be public back and forth about the various potentially controversial moderator decisions. If there is any back and forth that does develop b/c guys are going to want to assert their opinions, then that would NOT necessarily result in an immediate ban - but could result in a warning and/or suspension or some other appropriate action that is in the discretion of the moderator / and/or Zolo.

There should be a sticky thread to discuss "Rules, Moderation, & Bannings". This would solve the back and fourth and give people an opportunity to express their opinions.

Quote:Anyhow, it seems that considerable discretion should go to the mod with reasonable ability to appeal to Zolo. Surely between Zolo and the mod, they can decide the extent to which they may feel that it is necessary to explain their reasons for bans, suspensions, warnings and/or alteration, enforcement, creation of rules.

Outside of someone having multiple accounts, they shouldnt even have to explain bannings as we would easily be able to see what they did (Flaming, hating, spaming, etc) and the moded post in question with a rules infraction.

Quote:Dash's statement about 50/50 banter/content does seem to be quite permissive towards the idea of banter, yet it does seem that part of the character of this NN forum is that it does seem to allow and to be more tolerant of higher levels of banter than other manosphere forums - in my humble opinion, 50/50 seems too high, though.

Having a strict number on allowable banter may also be too restrictive, yet it may be necessary to outline the concept that sometimes bantering becomes too much and at some point certain kinds of banter begins to take away from adding value to the thread or is unnecessarily denigrating to another member.

Thats a negative characteristic of NN forum. Have a dedicated thread for banter and all the BS that does not add value to the forum through the sharing of information on women and travel.

Not sure why Zolo is reluctant to pick a mod the majority of the forum approves of and work to clean up all this worthless back and fourth bullshit that infects damn near every thread.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 10:38 AM by Dash.)
11-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Make deb mod ? Tongue

Bit of banters fine but sometimes it goes for way too long. But this is because we have very few active members I would say 10 at most? If theres more members actively posting then the unrelated content should decrease . Till then you can't change how the forum is.
I think no racist comments, no multiple accounts and no trolling are enough rules to make a good forum.
11-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
You will have flame wars no matter the number of posters. Hell, the more posters will most likely mean more flaming. Only way to stop it is to regulate all hating and flaming to one thread. Zolo could easily change such, just depends if he wants to tighten up the rules and moderate.

Best thing to do is have a pinned Rules/Moderation/Banning thread as well as a Banter/Hating/Flaming thread. For the people that want to engage in that they have their own thread. That will leave the forum threads about travel and women clean of all the worthless clutter than no one wants to sift through looking for valuable information.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 12:25 PM by Dash.)
11-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
stop bullshit folks....let go of your ego .....and go out more often ....
and if you still tense learn how to masturbate ....I think VoV is looking into squirting, if he can do I am sure you can do too ..

hehehehehe...just having good time ...no offence....
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 01:45 PM by Max.)
11-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Gayme Offline
Banned

ban all the bullshitter gmanifesto/mixx/007 gayme types from the internetz
11-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
007 I was just teasing you man

just for good fun...
if I thought you are fake ..I would not converse with you
to be honest you have some ego to loose ...but to some degree we are all guilty of the same sin
11-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(11-23-2013, 02:02 PM)Gato Wrote: 007 I was just teasing you man

just for good fun...
if I thought you are fake ..I would not converse with you
to be honest you have some ego to loose ...but to some degree we are all guilty of the same sin

That is not 007. Look at the name.
11-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
what are you man ? 007 Gayme ?
looking for love in the wrong place ?
11-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Broon Offline
Lieutenant

I'll be a mod. Vorkuta was excellent and I'd follow his example. With Danger Dave at the helm this forum will once again be back waltzing through its glory days.
11-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
JayJuanGee Offline
Boatswain

United States
(11-23-2013, 03:34 PM)Broon Wrote: I'll be a mod. Vorkuta was excellent and I'd follow his example. With Danger Dave at the helm this forum will once again be back waltzing through its glory days.

Who is Danger Dave?
11-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
(11-23-2013, 05:09 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote: Who is Danger Dave?

I think he means himself Lol
11-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Zolo just asked me to be mod. I've accepted just waiting for him to make the change.
11-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
JayJuanGee Offline
Boatswain

United States
(11-23-2013, 08:45 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Zolo just asked me to be mod. I've accepted just waiting for him to make the change.

You have a great sense of humor. Smile Will be watching out for you to turn into barney purple. Should I hold my breath, or NO?
11-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes RockingForever's post:
  • JayJuanGee
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

New rules include not posting 1,000 word replies every post Wink
11-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(11-23-2013, 08:45 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Zolo just asked me to be mod. I've accepted just waiting for him to make the change.

You are welcome. Angel
11-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Find Reply