Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of my new blog???
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: What do you think of my new blog???
(11-27-2013, 02:42 AM)THECAPTAINPOWER Wrote: They draw a ton of traffic, ex: vivalamanosphere, drudge report and even return of kings....i earn about 15 a mnth from amazon assoc with shit traffic, want to get that up to 50 plus my own book sales

I only blog usually twice or maybe 3x a week, with an aggregator i can link 15 a day...just a lot of work setting it up

I think ROK is more Roosh and buddies writing for the site rather than blog aggregation, no?

Also first and only time I looked at ROK there were big banners on it begging for money because they were loosing money on the site and couldn't even afford to pay for the hosting...you sure this is a winning and profitable formula?

You're aiming for just $50 a month from Amazon? Reach for the stars dude!

I sense you have no real plan or strategy for this site. The fact you've launched with next to no content and an unfinished blog says so in fact.

Didn't I already link you (or was that someone else? Could have been in fuksongs how to start a blog thread, read it) to a ton of content about launching a blog with a bang?

You don't just open with a couple of articles and hope for the best. You have a launch strategy so you're getting links, social shares and email sign ups (don't even see an opt in form on your site, biggest mistake a blogger can make) before you've even started.

What is your strategy for getting traffic? And don't tell me Google because that's not a strategy that's a hope and a prayer unless you're willing to learn the ropes at SEO or pay lots of money and then it's STILL a gamble and no guarantee.

How do you plan to monetize it? Just selling cheap $5 books from Amazon is going to get you nowhere fast. You'll be lucky to get $50 p/m from that. You need to look into more well paying affiliate programs, dating and pick up courses and bootcamps etc. Check Clickbank for some digital guides. Sure some of the bigger PUA guys must have affiliate programs on their site too for whatever they sell.

On your content, well yeah it's not my thing that's for sure but maybe your readers (if you have any?) like it?

Gotta love this from one of your article...

Quote:Women don’t care about how you look, they want a man with confidence. They also want:

A man with who can bench press over 300 lbs
A man that carries a knife for self-defense
A man that smacks their ass as they walk into the kitchen
A man that drives a car and picks them up from work
A man that pays for pizza
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jack C. Offline
Gunner

Afghanistan
People knock your shit pretty hard. Honestly, its not that bad, but yeah its not great. I would add a semi-professional footer at the bottom of the page so that it looks less commercial and more proffessional. Also between the banner, where the search widget is you should have something, maybe an archive, about me, maybe one or two other.

In general the amount of space you have is really good, so you avoided a very common mistake there. But having 4 posts of content, then 8 posts of advertisement is not exactly in good taste. I would recommend 3 columns of advertisement, maybe in a carousel so people can cycle through the posts seeing as your money is generated that way so I can see why you want all of the book sales.

So from the bottom going up you probably want. A footer, 3 columns of ads, 4 posts, a populated row of 5 clickies + search, then a good banner. This will be easy on the eyes, and divert the user's attention towards the amazon books (I'm pretty sure, I mostly do backend.)
11-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(11-27-2013, 04:50 PM)RockingForever Wrote: Gotta love this from one of your article...

Quote:Women don’t care about how you look, they want a man with confidence. They also want:

A man with who can bench press over 300 lbs
A man that carries a knife for self-defense
A man that smacks their ass as they walk into the kitchen
A man that drives a car and picks them up from work
A man that pays for pizza

Damn, that explains it. Everytime I've had a dry spell in my life has coincided with me not carrying a knife for self-defence. Wish I'd read this sooner.
11-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
THECAPTAINPOWER Offline
Boatswain

I am "thecaptainpower".....
Retired Manosphere Blogger

Author: "Work out, lose weight, and stop being single" on amazon.com
"Don't get married because you are tired of drinking" on amazon.com
"The Official Las Vegas Pool Party Workout" on amazon.com

11-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
THECAPTAINPOWER Offline
Boatswain

Read my book...i used to compete in powerlifting, and it became my nickname
Take a look now, just added some posts...

http://thecaptainpower.com/

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 06:30 AM by THECAPTAINPOWER.)
11-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
THECAPTAINPOWER Offline
Boatswain

So lets make a bet, under and over for my traffic for the month of December?

11-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
Now all the content is copy/pasted? I don't get it..
11-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zoom Offline
Gunner

RF can be a jerk but he does know his stuff when it comes to blogging. He gave you the most detailed advice in the thread.

I see that you are scraping content from popular blogs and adding short posts. That strategy will never work. You need to produce your own original content.

If money and popularity is your goal then you should probably change your name 'captainpower'. It's not brandable at all.

With that being said, it's definitely a good idea to move from blogger to wordpress.
11-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Also take on board amongst all the harsh critism most people with successful blogs was not their first attempt at one.
11-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
worldwidetraveler Offline
Boatswain

(11-28-2013, 01:59 PM)Rick91 Wrote: Also take on board amongst all the harsh critism most people with successful blogs was not their first attempt at one.

How do you know this?

I bet it is the opposite. Blogging for money is a terrible business model. It takes a long time to get decent traffic rolling in and a lot of content. The people who do make it a success, enjoy writing. Most people doing it for the money end up quitting.

What The Cap is doing isn't blogging. It is pulling content from blogs and posting it in one location. Like yahoo does.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 05:44 PM by worldwidetraveler.)
11-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
in terms of constructive criticism ...my quick observations from a reader perspective...

- you need to be able to build credibility....(what are your running times ? competition results. etc..)
- lack of focus ...stick to what you do best ...if body building is your thing and fitness - focus on this
- my first impression looks and sounds juvenile ...(perhaps it is me)
- it is too narcissistic...focus more on the subject matter ...less on your self

11-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:http://thecaptainpower.com/2013/11/27/fa...ise-prank/

Yes, what exactly is this? It's not a blog post. I don't even know what the 'story' is about after reading it 3 times.

Quote:.focus more on the subject matter ...less on your self

Yes.

Even your 'about me' page (not that you have one) should actually be about your readers and what you can do for them and not just about YOU.
11-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Captain Power your blog is beyond criticism.. I think you should delete your blog, take some LSD and build it from scratch..
S4F/G4B
11-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Iv totally reversed my views on minotaur. I'm a fan.
11-30-2013, 03:17 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Captain P: do not be discouraged by all the negative comments
just take a break...and go back to what you want to do for real...
be yourself bro ....go to your heart....
it takes time to grow....years....
sometimes folks can be harsh....but they are honest....

Minotavros can be tough.... but does not bullshit so far as I can see

(11-30-2013, 12:28 AM)minotavros Wrote: Captain Power your blog is beyond criticism.. I think you should delete your blog, take some LSD and build it from scratch..

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 01:40 PM by Max.)
11-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Find Reply