• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phiippines this weekend - suggestions
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Phiippines this weekend - suggestions
I am going to the Philippines for work this weekend, just there around five days or so. I have meetings in Lipa City, which is about 70 km south from Manilla. One meeting is Saturday at 2Pm, and the next isn't until Tuesday or perhaps later. Looking for suggestions on where to stay, and what to do with spare time whilst staying there. The country has obviously been hit very hard by tragedy, although I understand its much less affected near Manilla, as opposed to Ceba (where I would have considered going to scuba dive, but that probably won't work out for this trip).

Thanks for your suggestions.
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
RE: Phiippines this weekend - suggestions
What do you wanna do? Stay in the makati area.
11-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
It looks like I'll be able to scuba dive out of the Puerto Galera area maybe and I'll stay in Makati, I think, Friday night and perhaps Tuesday night.
11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes friheten's post:
  • G_global
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
I'm in Puerto Galera now and will dive tomorrow or the day after. The diving shops are in Sabang and I'm in nice beach but I will let you know how the diving are. Maybe I will be in Manila over the weekend or not but there will be several forum members there already.
11-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Friheten the more information you can provide the better. FYI I have over 200 dives lifetime, so very experienced and a good conserver of air despite being a big guy. If you want to catch up for a dive over the weekend or Monday, I'd be down as well. Hotel and any other recommendations would be more than welcome as well.
11-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(11-26-2013, 10:22 PM)G_global Wrote: Friheten the more information you can provide the better. FYI I have over 200 dives lifetime, so very experienced and a good conserver of air despite being a big guy. If you want to catch up for a dive over the weekend or Monday, I'd be down as well. Hotel and any other recommendations would be more than welcome as well.

Go to Sabang if you go to Puerto Galera, but I wouldn't recommend it. The dives are about 15-20€ depending on how many you do and if you have equipment. Go to Dream Diver and you will have a nice appartment with ocean view for 600peso without aircon maybe 800 or 900 for aircon. I did one dive but finished it early since I was not comfterble underwater. Also got 150+ dives but was a longtime ago and in one of my last dives I had one accident. So can't tell you much about the divesites. But Puerto Galera got no nightlife except for working girls and the typical tourist here is 50 years old sex buyer. Will leave tomorrow.
11-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Im back in manila
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Find Reply