• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I help you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaysGoneBy's post:
  • No Pain No Gain
DaysGoneBy Offline
Stowaway

How can I help you?
Hey Guys,

So instead of this getting lost in introductions, I thought I'd ask this question here since it's a bit more than just a "hi, this is me" thread.

But first, the "this is me" part:

I'm in my early 30's. I'm currently in Austin, TX. I came out here for a job which fell through, but fortunately I have enough saved that I am waiting for a decent opportunity. I like it here and plan on staying for a while. I am pretty much new to "game," but as I'm getting older, I need something else to occupy my mind when out and about besides shots.

After graduating college, I did the standard backpacking through Europe thing. After a couple months of that, I did a month long TEFL course in Prague. I fully intended on leaving for Vietnam after my course...but as often happens, life had other plans. I fell in love with Prague and ended up staying for a year, teaching English and traveling around Central/Eastern Europe when I could. In all, I hit up about 15 countries in Europe, and spent more than a week in: Sweden, NL, Croatia, Greece, Spain,Poland, and of course, Czech. I also hit up Tunisia for 10 days, but that hardly counts as it was a lounge on the beach type holiday. This was in late 2004-early 2006.

As anyone who has taught English in Prague knows, the supply is much higher than the demand, and the pay and conditions are less than ideal. Seeking to pad my bank account for a bit, I jumped to Asia.

After a brief stop in the states, I took off for South Korea, where I lived for about 18 months. I first taught in Ulsan, SK, which had it moments but overall was a shithole I was tricked into by a sneaky recruiter. I lasted for 6 months before escaping to a comparatively civilized city, Seoul. During my time in Korea, I took every chance I got to travel to neighboring countries and to South East Asia. I also took a couple of months between contracts to travel. The countries I stayed long enough in to have more than a passing impression are: China (Beijing only), Thailand (BKK, Ko Samet, Ko Chang trat province), Cambodia (PP, Snooky+ the coast, ratnakiri). I traveled in other countries, sure, but for no more than a few days, and most of my memories of them are hazy at best.

I would've stayed in Asia MUCH longer, I'm sure, but I actually ended up having MAJOR beef with my employer in Seoul, and long story short, I am lucky I left Korea with my life. I know that seems dramatic, and it's a hell of a long story, but I promise it's true.

What's the point of all this? I'd love to drop some data sheet, or help out in some other way, but it's been quite a while since I was in these countries. Furthermore, I wasn't much into "game" back then. I wouldn't say I was "knowingly beta," but I certainly wasn't Alpha!
That is to say: A) many spots may have changed since my travels, and B) I couldn't much pinpoint the best spots for things such as "daygame," etc.

Things I do remember clearly: places I ate, stayed, partied, and met good people.

If you have a minute, try to advise me on how I can help the community out without dropping useless intel. I don't want to clutter the board further than this post, but I'd also love to help out if it's appropriate.

Thanks
11-27-2013, 04:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
friheten Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
RE: How can I help you?
Hey and welcome. If your information is really old, don't bother since things change. That restaurant that was the best a few years ago might suck right now. Better write about your upcoming travels and if there is a discussion about somewhere you have been you might add what you know. Anyway great mindset to be a part in the community.
11-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Share some notable tales.what was the beef about in Korea?
11-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
fucksong Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Hey there daysgoneby!

I've got a thing for sexily dressed feminine girls ala the girls in Gangnam district in Korea. Deb and a few others have given feedback on Ukraine but out of all your travels, are there other spots that are comparable?

Also wanna second Rick's request. I'm curious about the Korean drama

Thnx
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) My personal journey of improving myself as a man and finding happiness

https://kaizenmanofsteel.wordpress.com
11-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
No Pain No Gain Offline
Unity with Verity Believer

Mexico
DaysGoneBy,

Not surprisingly, I would be interested in where you "met good people", especially pretty and friendly women. In which cities, where and how did you met them and subsequently 'game' them. What were your success rates with women in each country-city?

TIA Smile
11-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
why Days gone By ?
you seem to be nice guy ....that is ok
welcome....