• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Sheet: Buffalo, NY
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
Data Sheet: Buffalo, NY
This sheet was kindly submitted by Don, who has lived in the city for the last 26 years.

Buffalo, NY, USA

Overview
Buffalo is New York's second largest city, situated on Lake Erie with only the Niagara River separating it from Canada. Located about an hour and a half drive away from Toronto, Canada, Buffalo is a cheap alternative to the expensive Toronto nightlife. Considering Buffalo's relatively small size, 1.1 million metro (49th in the U.S.), it has quite a vibrant nightlife. Furthermore, given the economic challenges Buffalo has faced over the last several decades,

Buffalo is one of the cheapest cities in all of the United States. A 16oz bottle of beer at a bar will set you back $2.50-4 (depending on where you go). In addition to their vibrant nightlife Buffalo is best known for it's proximity to the Niagara Falls (10 minute drive) and chicken wings. People who visit Buffalo often go to Toronto, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, New York City next.

The Women
On a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the hottest), girls here are a 2/5. On the same scale, I'd also rate your chances of hooking up at 4/5 Buffalo has it's fair share of hotties. Given the lack of attractive women, those who are attractive get a lot of attention and feel entitled, but could still be gamed. There has been a huge influx of African refugees relocating to Buffalo's West Side. The University at Buffalo, which has about 30,000 students, attract a ton of girls from New York City as well as Korea and China.

Nightlife
Bars are open until 4am! Nightlife does not get busy until 12-1am. Buffalo's nightlife is best on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. You can tailor your tastes in women to particular nightlife districts.

Allentown and Delaware District: Buffalo's hipster district. There is a large strip of rock clubs and other bars that cater to hipsters. This street is quite lively at night. Right at the corner of Allen Street and Delaware Road is Snooty fox. Snooty is packed with cougars looking to score.

Elmwood Village: You will still get your fair share of hipsters but without the grunge you'd expect in Allentown. Some of the hottest girls in Buffalo are attracted to Elmwood. Your best bets are going to Coles or the Blue Monk at around 11, followed by Thirsty Buffalo at 1200am, and then Toro past 130am. Girls like to bar hop, so don't be afraid to suggest a new bar. Toro is more of a club.

Chippewa District: This district attracts the youngest women and the girls really like to get dolled up. Chippewa can get really busy on Saturday nights. It is not recommended to go here on any other day, unless you're in Buffalo during the summer. You have your best chance at a SNL here. Encore is a bar/club to target after 1230am. You can go to City Tavern or Soho to mingle beforehand. Some other areas of interest: Hertel Area: Kind of a hodge podge of different ethnicities. A little more run down and a little less vibrant, but if you were to head to Geckos, your chance at a SNL would not decrease.

Amherst North Campus: The University is split in two main campuses. The North campus is located here. You can go to Average Joes or the "U" essentially night and you'll get a satisfying crowd of college aged girls. This area is a little less laid back than the South campus.

Amherst South Campus: From house parties to bars, this area can get packed at night. A word of warning, though. This area can be dangerous and you should stick to Main Street. Hit up the steer for colleged SNL.

Other Info/Recommendations
Things to do: Visit Niagara Falls, go to one of Buffalo's world-class museums, check out the outer harbor. Day game is not needed in Buffalo. If you hail from a foreign country and have an accent your chances at a SNL significantly increases. Girls swoon over a thick accent. Game works extremely well here...especially on Chippewa Street. Girls are easy to approach, too. If you insist on day game, you can hang out by the edge of the Elmwood district by Albright Knox Art Gallery. There is a college right over there and you can easily open any of them. You can also go to one of the ridiculous amounts of cafes lined along Elmwood Ave. You could also go to the Galleria Mall...however given it's size it attracts a lot of people from far away so you might not have too much success. It is important to note the weather, too. If it's cold or rainy people will flock to Elmwood or Allen.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
11-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: Data Sheet: Buffalo, NY
4/5 for chances of hooking up. I never thought I'd see that rating on a western city. Interesting.
11-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

(11-27-2013, 09:17 AM)Rick91 Wrote: 4/5 for chances of hooking up. I never thought I'd see that rating on a western city. Interesting.

I am no PUA, but there is a plethora those willing to partake in shenanigans. You just have to know where to go and what time. If you're an outgoing, confident foreigner with an accent, the girls here would melt. It's a nice stop if you're going to Toronto, too
11-27-2013, 06:44 PM
[-]
  •
Dom Taurus Offline
Bandolero

United States
Hmm interesting. Might have to make a trip there on weekend.
11-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Thanks Don

looks to me like down to earth honest and good info ....
11-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Don where are you now days bro ?
11-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

I'm in Buffalo, actually. I am finishing up my last semester in college right now. Trying to decide what I want to do next. Looks like I'll be doing grad school somewhere in Europe for the next 2 years and in the meantime I'll get my teaching certification on the side to keep my options open.
12-01-2013, 01:11 PM
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
what kind of grad school / program ? and which place in Europe you thinking Don ?
do you have EU residency ?
12-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

No EU residency.

I am looking at doing an International Law, Economics, or International Relations MA. It's a crapshoot as to where I will end up right now. I am trying to do a program with a scholarship, but if not, I've been looking at schools in Prague, Kaunaus, and Wroclaw...too early in the process to know for sure
12-02-2013, 03:23 AM
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Don,
sounds like good draft plan to me ....
Take into consideration which program offers co-op placements....during the studies....good way to potentially hit employment opportunities later on when you done your school..

Wroclaw is close to my heart ...this is where I come from....(I was last time in Poland in 2011)

12-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nehaali Offline
Stowaway

I've been there only once for short period of time to Siem Reap. I can you give us some details about where you stay and how much things cost now there?
Sign up with Braindumps for getting incredible online University of Advancing Technology courses exam and . We also provide best with guaranteed success.
12-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Qiao Offline
Stowaway

I have visited to Buffalo, NY before going to san francisco to grand canyon. The major tourist places of this city are Shea's Performing Arts Center, Forest Lawn, Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park and Elmwood Village.
06-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
irbex Offline
Banned

Hook up for top shelf weed now. Text (424) 209-7744
09-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Find Reply