• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Lifestyle-Orientated Business
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
RE: A Lifestyle-Orientated Business
Max, I don't know anyone personally doing the business but I have read of enough success stories to make it worth looking into. I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in one basket. I'm getting a masters in education so I can teach in int. schools. In the long run, I would like work my way into something else.

I do agree with you with the 'making money online' craze. It's a lot of BS. The location independence gurus are making money selling the dream to naive chumps who think they can do the same thing. Like you said, unless you have some particular expertise, it's not going to happen. You can do freelance gigs but it's not steady or easy. I tried it with article/copy writing and the pay per hour sucked. I also hated being chained to my laptop.

02-08-2014, 05:25 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like perdidogringo's post:
  • Max, SpecialEd
perdidogringo Offline
Stowaway

Hi SpecialEd,

I'm not saying it's impossible, and hell, why not go for it if you have the time, money and determination? But just know it won't be easy. And just when you think you are doing ok, you could have a string of bad luck where chicas flake, tech problems occur, someone breaks in and steals all your equipment (this happened to a guy in Cartagena who tried to open a cam studio about 10 years ago), Police raid the place looking for a payoff, or you are accused of employing an underage chica who had a fake ID, etc. There's a lot of variables trying to open a sex-oriented business in Colombia.

-A 4-bed apartment is very small scale

Yes, it's smaller scale than your plan but that also means much lower overhead and much easier to control all aspects of the business. He only needs from 3-6 chicas at a time, but it is still quite a headache to keep them all in line and working. My friend seems pretty challenged even though it is small-scale so I can't imagine what it would be like as a huge operation.

- Medellin is gringo central so there is more competition for models

Yes, definitely some validity to this. And it's gotten worse every year since the gringo invasion started around 2006. It's funny how some gringos think Medellin is only city in Colombia.

-From what I've read, getting a high speed internet connection is not so easy in Colombia. You need at least a 1MB upload speed for an HD connection. I think many Colombian women would not have that.

It's no problem as long as you have the money to pay for it. http://www.claro.com.co/portal/co/pc/per...#03-planes

For 10mb download/2mb, HD cable, and local phone line, I pay COP 140,000 per month. I have an "amiga" who works on MFC and she works from her home on the 5mb/2mb plan and has no tech issues. I think it costs her COP 70,000 per month which isn't a lot for most pretty, young Colombianas nowadays. Even if they can't afford it at first, they will quickly find out that they can work out of their bedroom and cut the studio out. Many "white knight" customers are the first to advise the chicas to do this and often offer to spot them the money.

I think your best chance of success is if you went to a 2nd tier town like Cucuta, Ibague, Sincelejo, Monteria, etc. and target girls who want to make better money than a normal, shitty job (but who don't want to sell their ass in a prepago sense). Also, you might want to consider keeping it at a reasonable size- maybe 10 cupos. You'll get more attention the more attractive, young colombianas coming in and out of the place. And too much attention in Colombia is never a good thing. Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 10:01 AM by perdidogringo.)
02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Thanks for that detailed post, perdidogringo. Definitely a lot to consider and the profit margins may not be as high as I had thought. If I were to do it, I would setup in a 2nd tier city. I guess im trying to gauge how poor the typical colombiana is? The minimal wage there is abysmal and so it seems like it would be easy to recruit models if you're offering $10+ an hour.

Another thing is I gather most Colombianas live at home with their family. Even if they had the equipment/high speed internet, how many would risk their parents finding them in...a compromising position lol?
02-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • TideRide
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
perhaps another way to look at this:
do what you enjoy first and the opportunities may come later.
I know easier said then done....but worth trying.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFUDVpFwFQ
Alan Watts
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 01:18 PM by Max.)
02-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
poosyfighter Offline
Deckhand

(02-06-2014, 05:33 PM)Dash Wrote: The cartels you wont have to worry about, its the lower level street corner / bario gangs you will have to worry about. Who will be very much concerned with your "earnings".

very fckn true!! why u play with your head in a place like colombia? is impossible not to lose money (let's not talk about your head) .local chicks are having boyfriends,boyfriends are in the streets........and one day they ll ask you a fee,and after them another group of guys from the same area will ask the same.why don't you try to a far more peacefull destination,where the chance for coming across serious crime is very low?
greece is having hot unemployed women (young unemployment is above 75% currently): http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-22...some-areas you can get a hot chick at a bar for 10 euros in athens today.
02-09-2014, 05:39 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jesssmart Offline
Stowaway

I am heavily into photography. I consider it to be a lifestyle oriented business. I have been traveling around the world, take photographs, sell them and have a great content for my blog. I have just took some great photos at https://www.soflostudio.com/filming-loca...g-location . Turned out to be a cute location with professional lighting
07-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Find Reply