Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible route's out of shit- Teaching english in Spain
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Possible route's out of shit- Teaching english in Spain
Hey vance...misunderstanding, I referred to 007 as van...due to his previous nickname van of victory.
07-05-2014, 04:26 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I like my Spanish idea. I find it highly unlikely I would have the discipline for that elance stuff online at this stage in my life. I'v got a tonne of free time and the course isn't very expensive.

I like the idea of living in an international city. I like Latinas (or the closest thing we have got to them). From the salaries quoted and from what I understand it would probably be one of the only ones where I could work and actually save money while enjoying a decent lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to it. My next pay I'm sorting out the course with.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2014, 04:42 AM by Rick91.)
07-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpecialEd's post:
  • bangtidy
SpecialEd Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Good luck with Spain, bro. Do you know how many Brits/Americans live there? There has to be atleast a million retirees and gap-year morons. They all want to teach English just like you. You'd probably end up with about 20 hours a week at several institutes scattered throughout the city. You won't be saving a dime. You'll be too broke to fly back to that country where Braveheart was filmed.

You've been given some solid advice in this thread but if you won't invest the time it takes to build some real skills, you're going to have a rough ride.
07-05-2014, 04:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Vance Offline
Deckhand

(07-05-2014, 04:26 AM)Sexyback Wrote: Hey vance...misunderstanding, I referred to 007 as van...due to his previous nickname van of victory.

Ah, my apologies. Plight of being a forum newbie haha.
07-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dash's post:
  • Rick91
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Rick,

You need to check out this forum for info on ESL in Spain.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum....0f796b36be

You can likely get a job, but I highly doubt you will be able to safe enough to fund any "trips" to LA, Asia, etc.

Just speculating. But go read up on that forum to get a better idea of what to expect.
07-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
From what I'v garnered so far there's people taking it easy and just barely getting by on 800 euros a month, the norm seems to be 1200 a month, and freelancers who network have months of making up to 2000.

A room in a shared flat I'v heard mentioned are around 170 on average a month this was in Valencia though however I'v heard good things about there too.

I figure I could save. It's been stated that in Madrid work is generally easy to find the polar opposite of the situation most young spaniards are in.

07-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Broon Offline
Lieutenant

Regardless of what the outcome is, best of luck Rick. I'm at the tail end of a TEFL course, considering my options and was a little unsure even prior to reading this thread. However, one of my mates, a female, has been teaching in Toledo for the last year and has had the time of her life. Sure, you won't be living a playboy lifestyle and making megabucks but you've got plenty of time to do that later on in life.

At your age (and yes, I'm only a few years older than you so sorry for sounding condescending) chase fun, have a good time though definitely balance it up with a long term goal. I've fucked about for too long though I'm starting to get my act together now, yet will not compromise my enjoyment of life and pursuit of happiness for something serious yet.

Good luck mate, I'm sure things will go swimmingly.
07-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply