Busan, South Korea
I lived here for 3 months last year. Thought I would share this city with the forum as I am eyeing a return to the land of ROK, except this time I got my sights on Seoul.
Busan is the second largest city in Korea with a population of around 4 mil and is one of the largest port cities in the world. It is on the coast nestled between the beach and the mountains. The city itself is pretty spread out. Good thing is there is a great subway that carries you to all these places along with a good bus system. The main area is Haeundae Beach which gets SLAMMED during the summer. Busan experiences 4 seasons. It gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer so keep that im mind when visiting. Tons of westerners living and working in Busan. At some bars you will think college town USA.
Compared to South America, the girls here are depressing. What i mean by that is the number and % of girls that are hb8 + is really low. Most girls are hb4's. Good thing is there is so many people that you can find hot chicks if you look hard enough. The quality jumps up SUBSTANTIALLY at night, and I love all the skits and dresses these girls wear. Finding them will be the least of your problems. Gaming them is where shit gets tricky. South Korea is a very homogeneous society. Being white or black has no DHV here so you will have to work for what you get. K-Girls give zero IOI's for the most part. Eye contact is considered rude here. I think you have to play the numbers game and just not give a shit to succeed here. If you are someone that likes the females to make shit obvious and come to you than you will find the going tough out and and will have to adapt to survive.
Side Trips / Tourist Attractions
South Korea is not very big so your only a few hours on a train away from most everything. Most things on the itinerary will include temples, parks, islands, and military stuff.
Seoraksan National Park
Gongju & Buyeo
I had my own apartment to I dont have alot of specific suggestions on this. However there is tons of hotels all over the place in every price range. Id advise staying in walking distance of the party zones and a subway station.
Things to Do & See
Busan has a number of things to see and do in the city. The beaches are pretty popular but get mad crowded in the summer. The coolest things to see imo are the Mountain Temples with the wicked views. Also if shopping is your thing be sure to check out the Nampo Markets and the mega shopping mall Shinsegae. There is two casinos to hit up if gambling is your thing. There is not NL Holdem games so that is a major drag. Also the spa's are pretty cool. I not big on museums but there is a few to check out. Also if you like professional sporting events Busan has 3 teams to entertain you.
Jalgachi Fish Market
Paradise Casino Busan
Seven Luck Casino
Aquarium @ Haeundae Beach
Songjeong Beach Taejongdae
Museum of Metropolitan Art
Busan Marine Natural History Museum
Ice Skating @ Shinsegae
Hur Shim Chung Spa
Spa World at Shinsegae
- Centum City (Haeundae)
- largest department store in the world
- Korean Temple in the Mountains
- the peak behind Gwangan beach (great 360 views)
- great open markets and huge underground market
- water temple north of Songjeon Beach - beautiful spot
Lotte Giants Baseball Game
Busan KT Sonicboom Basketball Game
Busan I'Park Soccer Game
Song Jeong Beach
Geumjeong Mtn. Fortress
International Film Festival in the Fall
Museum of Modern Art
Nakdong River Estuary Migratory Bird Sanctuary
With how the Kgirls are daygaming here is TOUGH. You will scare a girl if you cold approach her on the street lol. The best place to day game is at the Universities handsdown. I live near PNU and go play basketball there and have chatted up some girls and received a few IOI's. Nothing major though but its ALOT more than the zero IOI's I get when walking around or shopping ect. The beaches would be my second choice; Haeundae and Gwangan-li Beach. Another strategy is going back to a place of employment and building comfort. Like I said I would not advise cold approaching Kgirls in most situations. Universities are you best bet as alot of the girls have lived outside of Korea and are more westernized.
Pusan National University (PNU)
Kyungsung University (KSU)
Pukyong National University
- really large malls in the bigger commercial areas
The best thing about Busan, is that there is something going on every night. The nightlife is concentrated in primarily 4 areas. The PNU area around where i live has mainly just bars to hit up which isnt good for me because I prefer the club scene. KSU and Seomyeon are good with a mix of good bars and clubs to hit up. Haeundae Beach is where you will find your big house clubs. Not on par with the above four but Gwangan-li Beach has some decent ocean front bars and lounges with good views of the Gwangan Bridge at night. I personally like Seomyean the best so far. Haeundae and KSU have to many westerns guys walking around for my liking. Gaming Kgirls is not easy so and the number of girls that like western dudes is small so the less competition the better.
I love the scene here at night. Long boardwalk. People chilling everywhere. Lots of high end clubs. Im surprised there isnt any good hiphop clubs here.
- Busan's main attraction. Nice house club attached to Paradise Hotel that gets international DJ's.
- Similar to Club Elune, this is a another big house club. Lots of western guys go here. They will provide you with good entertainment throughout the night on how not to pick up Kgirls. Im not that big on house music but the DJ here plays a good mix of hiphop & top 40 also. Favorite club in Haeundae.
- Another upscale house club like Elune and Maktum. Havent been here yet but it has been around for a longtime so im assuming it draws a good crowd.
- Decent place with a dance floor and pool table.
- Has two locations and is a pretty chill lounge playing hiphop and top 40. Took a girl here last week.
Rock n Roll House
- If your the rocker type this place is for you. It is on the 14th floor of the SeaStar Building. Cheap drinks and lively crowd. Place has a pool table which I like. Mostly western people at this bar. Almost looks like a bar in the US if it wasnt for the handful of Koreans there.
- Salsa lessons during the week.
[b]Pale de CZ
[/b] - This is not a club, it is like an area with many bars and lounges down from Club Elune. Two levels if I remember correctly.
- Western bar chain found all over Busan. Many Koreans and foreigners go here for the wide beer selection and darts.
Probably the most popular place with the westerners. Esp the girls. Alot of underground venues here for the alternative crowd.
- Cross between a lounge and a bar.
- Interesting place with cool brick layers for walls.
- Alternative joint playing rock n roll, goth, metal, punk, thrash ect. Id imagine the girls here would be kind of easIER lol. Id have to survive the death on my ears though.
- Thought this place was gonna be mainly hiphop but it is a kind of urban house scene. Good drink prices. Alot of young koreans go here. Not many westerners surprisingly.
Long T Bar
- Good spot for $5 long islands and for playing a game of pool.
The New Foxy
- Havent been here but it should be good if its like its counter part in Seomyeon. Great for hiphop!
- Place to be if you like live music.
The downtown area of Busan with a good mix of venues. Tons of Koreans go out here to party. There is one club that seem to be jumping that I forgot the name of right down the street from Foxy.
- This is my favorite club so far. Two stories. First floor is playing house, second floor is playing real hiphop and it has a lounge off to the side. On top of that there is also and seperate bar for siting away from the noise on the second floor also.
- Upscale club, dress to impress here.
Metal City & Rock n Roll Bar
- Im grouping these two together. Both play metal and have live music.
This is mainly just a bar scene area near the Pusan National University. So lots of college girls walking around.
- Probably my favorite bar in PNU. Mostly westerners but the ratio is usually pretty good if you get there early. You can pick your own music from a computer which is pretty cool.
- This bar is right above Soul Train
- Was here last weekend and it aint bar. It is abit small but it does have a lil dance floor and a pool table.
- Not that great. But it is worth a quick walk to see if there is any talent in there. Won tons of shots playing darts here.
Cool laid back beach area lit up at night with the crazy lights of the Gwangan Bridge. One of my favorite spots in Busan.
- House and techno joint
- This place plays a bit of everything. Alot of techno though.
Beach Bikini Bar
Strip Clubs / P4P
There isnt any strip clubs to my knowledge in Busan. But they do have these things called booking / hostess clubs. Where men go to meet women and women go to meet men, although many are just there to get free drinks and shit. Bring a fat wallet to one of these places. Never know you might get lucky. As far as P4P goes there is an area dedicated just for that. The area is called Texas Street. It is comprised of Russian and SEA bar / whore houses. Been meaning to go check this area out but havent done it yet. Sounds like a fun time. Also you can look for the "barber shops" that do more than cut hair.
I love Busan the city. Has beautiful mountains and beaches. Good nightlife. Lots of stuff to do. Great transportation system. Good mix of westerners to boot. If you are planning on moving here Id highly suggest staying in Seomyeon because of its central location. (easy cheap taxi ride at night when the subway closes) If not Seomyeon that Haeundae or Gwangan-li Beach. Also I forgot to mention about the food, but be SURE to try some good Korean BBQ! It is not expensive and real good!