• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chisinau, Moldova
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Chisinau, Moldova
Anyone dabbled yet? What's the city/girls like?

I'm doing a bit of research for 4 nights I'm spending there at the end of the month breaking up a trip between Timișoara and Kiev.

I've got an apartment staggering distance from the Military Club. I've seen a few other places crop up on Internet searches, but nothing is grabbing my attention right now.

10-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Chisinau, Moldova
zolo has a city guide on it. hot chicks and easy from what i hear
10-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I clearly didn't get any further than the forum when I came on the site! Thanks, I have a look.

It was only because I saw his report on Yerevan a few months back that I had heard of the site.
10-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Realness's post:
  • Squiggles
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

check out zolo website, not the forum. he has all city guides there
10-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

I don't have much info. I know that my buddy tried getting in there from Romania. The Moldovan guys at the checkpoint said my [American] friend didn't have the correct paperwork...They instructed him he needed some shit notarized and in the process stole one of the pieces of papers he needed notarized, forcing them to stay in a shit town in Romania for several days before finally getting in. I don't much of anything about the city, but he did mention that the girls are quite fine, but not comparable to that of Russia or Ukraine. I would like to go, but I don't know if I want to deal with that bureaucratic mass. If I have time, I venture out there when I visit Lviv and Odessa in the summer
10-09-2014, 12:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes geekindex's post:
  • Squiggles
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
Baksheesh is the magic word... if anyone asks, the money in your passport is the supposed official fee to be payed on entry... since you would never bribe anyone...

Take a more crowded border crossing if you want to make sure it will go without bribing...
10-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I'm getting a semi internal flight from Timișoara as I would have lost a day traveling by train. It is a bit more straight forward for an EU passport holder (I hope!).

Moldova used to be the poorest country in Europe, but with the devaluation of the Ukrianian currency you could argue that you get more for your dollar in the Ukraine anyway.

I believe the girls are a little 'in the middle' looks wise. You have the dark Mediterranean features of the Romanian genes mixing with the blue eyed cuties we all know and love from the Ukrainian side.
10-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alex's post:
  • Squiggles
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
I had ZERO problems getting into Moldova from Romania. I can't comment on the nightlife (was only there monday + tuesday) but there were some pretty girls around who were pretty generous with the eye contact.
10-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
haven't heard much good said about fhe city from people i know
10-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

moldova is still a shit hole. loads of corruption and is a poor place. with that being said, it can be awesome if you act right. they are just now becoming pro eu and new government is set up in that direction. so i assume things would be getting better. I compare it to Ukraine (except ukraine has more liveable cities for a visitor) and from what i understand prices over there are cheaper, like for beer, restaurants, etc. Although not sure about now, with the UAH currency tanking
10-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
I am fairly easily pleased when I am traveling. All things said and done i am quite fond of shitholes. If you peel away the layer of the fact it isn't most people's cup of tea you generally encounter some really nice people.

I'm not even a hippy.
10-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Find Reply