• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ask me about Prague
[-] The following 6 users Like Hicks's post:
  • deb auchery, geekindex, Squiggles, The Realness, TideRide, YellowP
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
Ask me about Prague
I'm starting this thread to answer questions asked in a different thread. if anybody has any other questions they want to ask, I'll try to answer them all.

(10-12-2014, 05:33 AM)TideRide Wrote: Hicks-
What kind of approach works best on Czech girls?

Which city has the most college girls in CZ?

Is Prague the most fun city in CZ and Slovakia or is Bratislava, Brni, or Ostrava have more fun day and night?

Are there a lot of busted dudes or even old dudes in cz with good looking young girls?

What do you live on in EUR/month in Prague?

What kind of approach works best on Czech girls?

Obviously it varies. Not all Czech girls are the same, and you're not going to approach a tattooed rock chick in a dive bar in the same way as you would a high-heeled blonde in a higher end club. That said, they're women and you don't really need to over think your approach. 4 times out of 5 my opener will just be 'Hi! Where are you from?' and that works fine.

Which city has the most college girls in CZ?

Prague will definitely have the most, Brno second most, then a big drop off after that, but probably Ostrava third.

Is Prague the most fun city in CZ and Slovakia or is Bratislava, Brni, or Ostrava have more fun day and night?

For me Prague is defintely the best. In terms of size and options it's not even close. I've never been to Bratislava but heard less than stellar reviews from people who had been there. I also find Slovak girls to be too conservative and a bit dull.

Prague has about 3 times the population of Brno, and whilst Brno can be fun for a weekend (especially during term time) I'm not sure what the appeal would be to live in Brno ahead of Prague. Ostrava is an industrial town that has very little appeal to me. In terms of student population and general aesthetics as a city, it's definitely behind Prague and Brno.

Are there a lot of busted dudes or even old dudes in cz with good looking young girls?

Not too many. I'll quite often see a fairly average looking guy with an attractive girl. Generally speaking, Czech guys dress really badly and not that many of them work out. So just by dressing well and being in good shape you're going to have an edge.

What do you live on in EUR/month in Prague?

I live on roughly €2k/month. I have a very nice apartment in the centre and go out a couple of times a week. Realistically you could live well on half that amount. Public transport is good in Prague so living just outside the centre is fine.
10-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
RE: Ask me about Prague
A few questions from me:

Do Czech girls seem to have any qualms about dating much older guys?

What is the level of spoken English?

I hear that Czech girls complain about their guys, do the girls actively persue foreigners?

Is it common to be hit on by Czech girls?

Is Prague livable? would it not be annoying being surrounded by tourists 365 days a year?

Do most of the cafes and restaurants have free Wifi?

Are the men aggressive or more chilled?

10-13-2014, 06:40 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
From a wandering point of view Prague is lovely, but expensive (been there 5 times). It must cost 2-3 times for eating out/drinking. I've never tried renting in Prague, but hotels are silly expensive in comparison to 5-10 years back.

Go south. Hit and miss with the language, but Ostrava and Brno have little tourism. Prague is swamped with foreigners unless you want to venture to the outer suburbs.
10-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
deb auchery Offline
Banned

Ukraine
(10-13-2014, 06:50 AM)Squiggles Wrote: From a wandering point of view Prague is lovely, but expensive (been there 5 times). It must cost 2-3 times for eating out/drinking. I've never tried renting in Prague, but hotels are silly expensive in comparison to 5-10 years back.

Go south. Hit and miss with the language, but Ostrava and Brno have little tourism. Prague is swamped with foreigners unless you want to venture to the outer suburbs.

Things are getting a bit cheaper with the weakening currency

[Image: 21265wn.jpg]

With regard to cities, from what i've read Prague has the best girls, with Brno being the next best. Have read very little good about Ostrava
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 08:23 AM by deb auchery.)
10-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hicks's post:
  • TideRide
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(10-13-2014, 06:40 AM)deb auchery Wrote: A few questions from me:

I hear that Czech girls complain about their guys, do the girls actively persue foreigners?

Is Prague livable? would it not be annoying being surrounded by tourists 365 days a year?

Depends on what you'd mean by much older, but if you can pass for 30 you won't have problems with most 18 year olds.

In Prague it's generally decent. Much higher than other areas of CR. If you go to clubs within Prague 1 then 90% of girls will speak passable English.

Czech guys aren't the most loyal in the world, but neither are their female counterpart. They complain a bit, but -- in my experience -- not as much as Russian women do about Russian men.

Other than Thailand I've never been anywhere where I'd say it's "common" to be hit on by women. That said, Czech girls aren't subtle about eying you up in a club and I've been hit on more than once. Without trying to sound arrogant, I'm definitely above average attractiveness and I've never been to a country where girls don't eye me up. I'd rate Prague as better than most of western europe for this but nowhere near the same league as Thailand. The thing most Czech girls have going for them is that they'll always give you a chance. If you hit on a girl, you'll nearly always have a couple of minutes to win her over.

Absolutely. I've travelled around and lived many places, Prague is my favourite. In the centre there are plenty of tourists, but if you don't like that they can be avoided. It's quite an international city which means a good ex-pat community and a good chance of collecting various flags. Both of these things are a big positive for me.

Yes.

Czech men are the most non-violent I've ever come across. It's incredibly rare to see fights here, and even rarer they will involve a local. This is a country that managed to have a revolution without a drop of blood being spilled (see Velvet revolution).

(10-13-2014, 06:50 AM)Squiggles Wrote: From a wandering point of view Prague is lovely, but expensive (been there 5 times). It must cost 2-3 times for eating out/drinking. I've never tried renting in Prague, but hotels are silly expensive in comparison to 5-10 years back.

Expensive? Compared to where?

I don't see tourism as the evil everybody else does I guess. It means more international students and more local girls learning English.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 09:50 AM by Hicks.)
10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
ariana Offline
Stowaway

Found this today, too bad I can't go, my holidays start just three days after. It's 9 days holidays with accommodation and everything included. Flying from Amsterdam, cheap to go by ryanair/wizair from anywhere in Europe.
10-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Unless you are willing to venture out into the suburbs, Prague is as expensive as most other European cities (ie; 3-5 Euros for a beer).

Brno and Ostrava are half the price without even looking that hard.
10-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
geekindex Offline
Lieutenant

Germany
(10-13-2014, 05:52 PM)Squiggles Wrote: Unless you are willing to venture out into the suburbs, Prague is as expensive as most other European cities (ie; 3-5 Euros for a beer).

I don't know, what you call suburbs. Between Hradčany and Wenceslav Square you are facing prices that are on the normal German level. Not really too expensive for a tourist city like Prague. Just some rip-off-locations at the hot-spots; which you will inevitably find in a city like this. And even in the centre you often just need to take a step to the side to get your beer for half the price. Just don't follow that dense tourist stream...

If you go to the near-city-places like Andel or Zizkov, prices will fall to an affordable level. Only problem: Rate of girls speaking English on a decent level decreases significantly, too... and you will probably be (almost) alone amongst Czechs.

Thx Hicks for your time and answers...
10-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(10-13-2014, 05:52 PM)Squiggles Wrote: Unless you are willing to venture out into the suburbs, Prague is as expensive as most other European cities (ie; 3-5 Euros for a beer).

Brno and Ostrava are half the price without even looking that hard.

I have no idea where you were going but that just isn't true. It's quite rare to pay €3 for a beer, even in a club.
(10-13-2014, 06:15 PM)geekindex Wrote:

I don't know, what you call suburbs. Between Hradčany and Wenceslav Square you are facing prices that are on the normal German level. Not really too expensive for a tourist city like Prague. Just some rip-off-locations at the hot-spots; which you will inevitably find in a city like this. And even in the centre you often just need to take a step to the side to get your beer for half the price. Just don't follow that dense tourist stream...

If you go to the near-city-places like Andel or Zizkov, prices will fall to an affordable level. Only problem: Rate of girls speaking English on a decent level decreases significantly, too... and you will probably be (almost) alone amongst Czechs.

Thx Hicks for your time and answers...

Even Hradčany and Wenceslav Square most places are going to be under 40czk for a beer. The only places I can think of where you'd pay more for this would be the Beer Museum (worth it for the choice), Up scale restaurants/hotels, and maybe some Irish sports bars. Most normal bars in Prague 1 will still be under €2/beer.

If people found they were paying more than this for a beer then they must have been very unlucky in their bar selection, I'd be interested to hear which places you went to.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 10:25 PM by Hicks.)
10-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
The Realness Offline
Lieutenant

yea i agree, even in the expensive areas of prague, the beer is still relatively cheap. It's czech rep for fuk sakes. beer country. most i remember paying was $5 for a half liter and that was in the center of it all, a bar right on the corner of the old town square around where that big astronomical clock is. been to few clubs on wencheslav square and i think i paid around $3-4 a beer
10-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Squiggles Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
Sorry, by suburbs I mean away from the centre.

But the rest of the country barely charges over a Euro for a beer?

The place has turned into a bit of a tourist trap. I remember going there for the first time about 15 years ago and it wasn't uncommon to get a beer for about 15pence/20cents or so. It's now over 10 times that in most places. Surely that isn't representative of inflation?
10-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(10-14-2014, 01:42 AM)Squiggles Wrote: Sorry, by suburbs I mean away from the centre.

But the rest of the country barely charges over a Euro for a beer?

The place has turned into a bit of a tourist trap. I remember going there for the first time about 15 years ago and it wasn't uncommon to get a beer for about 15pence/20cents or so. It's now over 10 times that in most places. Surely that isn't representative of inflation?

Times change. Prices have gone up but facilities, infrastructure and the general quality of things improve along with it. There are few major european cities of Prague's quality where you can easily find a pint of good quality beer for under 40czk.

Obviously other parts of the country are cheaper, but you don't have the same access to entertainment you do in Prague. If you'd rather live cheaper, then places outside of Prague are going to be better for you. I'd still take Prague over a Moravian village any day of the week.

Also, the first time I lived in Prague was 2010. Due to currency fluctuations, a lot of places are actually cheaper for me now than they were 4 years ago.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014, 03:51 AM by Hicks.)
10-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
YellowP Offline
Gunner

Hicks - great thread. I was in Prague last Summer. Still have great memories banging this Ukrainian girl I was seeing at the time on the rooftop of our hotel over looking the city late at night.
I loved what I saw of the Czech women as they were taller then the Ukrainians girls on average. However the nightlife did not seem to be in the same league as say a Barcelona. I did see not much of a bar and night patio scene, the clubs were spread out. The place seems also suited to banging tourists l thought but the weed was decent. I remember somebody telling me the churches were empty as they have highest population of atheists in Europe.
10-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Hicks
Tell
Us about the local economy.
Have you lived in other EE or EU countries? Which ones?

Is there a form of local business that's popular all over EE?

Are small bars/pubs popular?

How many miles/day do most people walk in Prague to live-3-4miles or 5km on foot/day?
10-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
What are the main streets/neighborhoods in Prague and Brnomfor finding nightlife and day gaming girls?

Are there places in CZ or Europe that are great for outdoors activities- rafting, hiking, hunting (with a rifle preferably), fishing, boating, etc.?

Why are CZ men generally passive and not into fitness?

I don't get why people in Europe aren't aggressive and don't want to own guns and be ready to fight if they have to like many Americans are- I just can't wrap my mind around that???
10-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Find Reply