[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
What does your workout look like?
I've experimented a lot-
I hate 3sets of 8 reps
Prefer 3sets of 15 or 5sets of 5. Would like to try pyramids when Imeork up to it. When Im out of shape like now I do body weight and high reps to build up. I like punch out drills as Intrain my body to throw 50bombs like a machine gun with my fists.

In the past I've done 5x5
Squats or Leg press
Deadlift
Military press
Bench
Bent over rows
5 sets and 5 reps for each move

My favorite cardio workout has been boxing-
3rdsx3min shadow boxing
4-6x3 heavy bag (try to throw 150-200 punches a round)
Alternate between mitts and sparring 3x3
2x3 jumping rope
2-3x3 of body weight circuits depending on how tired I was at the end

11-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: What does your workout look like?
Havent been in a gym consistently for over a year. Getting back into the gym flow when I move in 3 weeks.

But I do a typical 3 days routine.

Mon - Back/Biceps

Wed - Chest/Triceps

Fri - Shoulders/Traps

11-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(11-11-2014, 12:15 AM)Dash Wrote: Havent been in a gym consistently for over a year. Getting back into the gym flow when I move in 3 weeks.

Mon - Back/Biceps

Wed - Chest/Triceps

Fri - Shoulders/Traps

You definitely need to have a leg day in there. The Wed and Fri workouts can likely be combined into one, and then you can do legs + abs on the Friday.
11-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(11-11-2014, 01:29 AM)Hicks Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 12:15 AM)Dash Wrote: Havent been in a gym consistently for over a year. Getting back into the gym flow when I move in 3 weeks.

Mon - Back/Biceps

Wed - Chest/Triceps

Fri - Shoulders/Traps

You definitely need to have a leg day in there. The Wed and Fri workouts can likely be combined into one, and then you can do legs + abs on the Friday.

Legs are already muscular and big naturally.

I would only do legs if I had twigs for wheels and it look painfully unproportioned compared to upper body.

So long as your legs are average size woman wont care much.
11-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Hicks Offline
Lieutenant

Peru
(11-11-2014, 01:47 AM)Dash Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 01:29 AM)Hicks Wrote:

Mon - Back/Biceps

Wed - Chest/Triceps

Fri - Shoulders/Traps

Legs are already muscular and big naturally.

I would only do legs if I had twigs for wheels and it look painfully unproportioned compared to upper body.

Yeah, everybody is going to have different natural strengths. For the majority of people though they are often neglected. Squats and deadlifts are great exercises for increasing your T levels as well.
11-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
(11-11-2014, 01:47 AM)Dash Wrote: Legs are already muscular and big naturally.

Same here actually. I walk everywhere and my old routine was daily uphill walking and walking up steps. My legs are actually well toned without a leg day.
11-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(11-11-2014, 01:57 AM)Hicks Wrote: Yeah, everybody is going to have different natural strengths. For the majority of people though they are often neglected. Squats and deadlifts are great exercises for increasing your T levels as well.

That would be the only reason for me to work out legs.

11-11-2014, 02:26 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

I do mostly compound exercises... With some tricep and bicep work thrown in. I break it up and do a chest back shoulders 10 sets of 10 and then the next day do 10 sets of 10 for squats... Wait a couple of days and do a5,4,3,2 pyramid. I love weighted dips and pull-ups...

I hate the German volume training but has really started adding some chest mass... I am 40 and have a body like a 20 year oldSmile

6'2 205 pounds with 17 inch arms coldSmile I am pretty happy with the way I fill out clothes. 45 to 46 in chest and 34 inch waist... Waist can go down to a 32 thoughSmile
11-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
I go to gym around three times a week. I do 60 minutes step (very fast pace), 10 minutes rowing (hard). Then I do about an hour of strength training, if possible and hour and 15 minutes, moving pretty fast from machine to machine. Only pulling and pushing between 28 and 42 kilo so far as I'm a beginner. I do most important upper muscle groups. I don't train my legs as it's enough with the step and I don't want them to be skinny.
I don't diet, just eat healthy and I'm losing a lot of weight and I think I'll start to show some muscle within one or two months. Also, when you work out this much, you should eat enough. I eat lots of vegetables, lots of vegetarian food, fish, poultry, every two weeks a huge steak, a beer a day, no sodas, no sweets, no chips, no cakes or cookies. Bread in morning. I lost 6,5 kilo in two months.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 10:14 PM by nescio.)
11-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
German volume training is amazing in terms of results it can't be beaten assuming proper nutrition and rest try using it on lat pulldowns (close grip as it takes sometime to be able to adequately contract using solely lats expand your grip over time) and tricep push downs.

Nescio can you go into details on what your weightlifting routine looks like from your description it sounds pretty inefficent.
11-12-2014, 05:06 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

I basically train 5 up to 10 minutes per machine, biceps, triceps, back, shoulders, chest, stomach, .. you know, everything. Why is it inefficient? I don't see myself working on two muscle groups for an hour, would hurt. I could use some advice. Tell me.
11-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
You want to train in a way that lets you consistently and measurably improve on what you did before whether that's for strength training or hypertrophy (bodybuilding). You need to take sets, reps and rest periods very seriously. For the training I'm going to advice you for 90secs is ideal.

For you I would advise you put in some real effort into educating yourself on this. I will happily give you advice though.

I won't bother giving you a whole body routine to follow as I think the best motivater for you will be results which will inspire you to stick to it and educate yourself.

Try this for 2-3 months add on whatever you want to do but please do this and stick to it religiously. Twice a week do tricep cable push downs for 10 sets of 10. Each week you increase by 2.5 lbs if you managed 10 x10. Also once a week is adequate enough but if it's all your doing and your in a rush go for it. Eventually you will need to cut down to once a week though. 90secs between each set.

To find out where to start try doing 20 in a row with a weight you realistically think you could do it for and start with it. You should manage 10x10 with it. Record it so you never forget. Record your progress and see it building its a great motivator. If your not sure if you counted a set do another one to be sure that's the mindset your coming from when doing german high volume.

You should see results extremely fast as I imagine you have a low bf% plus most people's triceps are underdeveloped and they make your arms look so much bigger once there developed.

If you wanted to add onto that then I'd get into squats, shoulder press and lat pull downs. I advice Germanic high volume training (10x10) for all except shoulder press. Shoulder press you should do joe welders 5/3/1 routine or some variation.

If there's one thing you do regarding diet make it be protein. A protein shake after the workout and 3-6 pints of semi skimmed milk a day.

I hope you get into this and start a thread on your results.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 06:10 AM by Rick91.)
11-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Ok, but I wanna fill one hour with strenght training, what you just told me sounds pretty short. So, if a set is like 60 seconds, ten sets is 6 minutes with ten 90 seconds breaks = 15 minutes in breaks = 21 minutes. Or u mean doing that per arm?

Hey, I'll just make some pics of the machines and upload them, maybe it's easier to then come up with something.

Right now I'm at 78 kilo. I'm 1m72, I still wanna do a bit hardcore cardio to use a few more kilo, I think until 74 kilo. Trust me, I need it. Then I was thinking of lowering the cardio, just doing enough to keep a good condition and maybe focus more on weights and indeed do some protein shakes. What do you think?

I have big shoulders, nice back. I want to be muscled, but not super big. I definitely don't want to lose too much weight, I prefer having my fat turned into muscles. Really wanna work on the whole upper level

Do you have some recommendations to read? Remember, I don't wanna be bodybuilding kinda big.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 06:30 AM by nescio.)
11-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Alex Offline
Lieutenant

Poland
Same here Nesico. 185cm/84kg (so I'm actually almost heading into overweight territory) but hopefully I've lost a kilo or so over the last month. When I'm back working I'm gonna get myself on the machines to build some arm/torso definition, plus cardio to strip off a bit of the stomach. Don't wanna be pro shredded level, just a decent figure for the beach/being out etc. And generally feeling healthier.

Broad shouldered, girls compliment my legs and back.
11-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rick91's post:
  • threesacharm
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
It's nothing believe me It's what you do with the time. 40 mins is around the ideal recommended workout.

If you were trying to lose fat then I would advice what I said. Just high protein and low carbs. Also for cardio I would advice getting efficent with that as well. Use a treadmill. Try 5x5min rounds 1 min rest at whatever mile per hour you can manage and increase the rate as you go along.

Anything fat related is going to be connected more or less with your diet.

Do not worry about getting too big. My mate had the exact same worry getting into this and now laughs at himself for it.

When I got into working out I used to do so much ridiculous shit. I literally had a rocky movie soundtrack cd that I would do exercises for the lengths of songs for. that lasted 2 days and I tore my tricep plus it was highly inefficient

Get realistic yet impressive goals. Try be able to shoulder press more than you weigh. Try being able to do tricep cable press downs from 30lbs to 90lbs. Try to squat 200lbs for 10x10. Building up to these things takes some structure and consistency and this is what gets results.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 06:57 AM by Rick91.)
11-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Find Reply