Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naughty Nomad's book
[-]
  •
bigbootyluvr Offline
Boatswain

Naughty Nomad's book
I'm not going to go into specifics of the book, because I don't want to post spoilers. But first, let me start by saying this book is EXCELLENT. He has an entertaining and humorous writing style that makes for a book you can't put down. His stories of his moody wingman made the book even better. He's got some wild stories in this book, and I think it is a MUST HAVE for anyone into game or travel.

My only dislike of the book is that it could have been longer and the stories more detailed. As in, go more in depth with the characters, the description of the women, the sex, the local people etc.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. A must have! I picked my copy up on Kindle for $9.99.

I am currently reading Neil Skywalker's book "Around the world in 80 girls" and will post up a review for that soon.
09-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RioNomad Offline
Gunner

RE: Naughty Nomad's book
I'm 3/4 of the way through and really enjoy it. However, I agree that it is lacking detail. The stories are much too short for how many cities/countries he visits, and there is not much description of the girls/people/places he visits. You don't really feel like you know any of the characters in the book, no real connection with them.

Overall I really am enjoying the book, but I am left wanting more. Kind of like ordering a cheeseburger, and only getting a hamburger, for lack of a better analogy lol.

I definitely recommend the book and think anyone who frequents this forum or Roosh's will really enjoy the read.

Good job, NN.
09-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buitre's post:
  • Hidden Gems
Buitre Offline
Lurking

I have read both books NN and Neil's. Hard to put them down, they're packed with interesting and funny stories as well as hardcore travelers endurance anecdotes and tips. Very useful information on places/girls, specially for those countries in the reader's list to visit... Thanks guys!
09-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dom Taurus Offline
Bandolero

United States
@BigBootyluvr did you finish reading Neil's book? Im unsure if I should pick it up or not.
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
brianmark Offline
Boatswain

(09-09-2012, 05:11 AM)bigbootyluvr Wrote: I'm not going to go into specifics of the book, because I don't want to post spoilers. But first, let me start by saying this book is EXCELLENT. He has an entertaining and humorous writing style that makes for a book you can't put down. His stories of his moody wingman made the book even better. He's got some wild stories in this book, and I think it is a MUST HAVE for anyone into game or travel.

My only dislike of the book is that it could have been longer and the stories more detailed. As in, go more in depth with the characters, the description of the women, the sex, the local people etc.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. A must have! I picked my copy up on Kindle for $9.99.

I am currently reading Neil Skywalker's book "Around the world in 80 girls" and will post up a review for that soon.

Very good review and I have to agree with it. My only complaint with the NN book was that it was like reading the highlights of his stories. Maybe I'm too anal but I want more details. I want to use it to model my own future journey from. The book was like the icing on the cake, but I would have enjoyed some more cake. I'd also give it 4.5 stars, but can't give it the 5 because the detail is not there.

I'd also like to compare it to Neil Skywalker's "Around the World in 80 Girls". Neil's book started as a travel diary on his blog. If you read the original posts and many are still there, they are very detailed describing what he saw and did. Neil apparently left quite a few out and shortened a lot of them to create his book. Neil's book thus has a lot of detail about the travel journey and hardships of the road and the crazy women he met. Neil's book is a lot longer book too. My thought is that this book could actually have been made into two books, with the Game section at the end being a second book, using examples from his travels.

As far as I know there are almost no books in this genre: travel banging. I highly recommend you buy both of them. I think "Dead Bat in Paraguay" is the only other book in this genre. If somebody else can recommend others, I'd add them to my collection.
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RioNomad Offline
Gunner

Imagine: A Vagabond Story, Do Travel Writers Go To Hell, and Vodkaberg by English Teacher X are similar books that you guys may enjoy.
01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Find Reply