Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy situations / close call while abroad?.. Share your story!
[-]
  •
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
Sketchy situations / close call while abroad?.. Share your story!
Looking for tips or your experiences to learn from, or even just an interesting story
Always wondering how the mugging / drugged / robbed events play out as well, and where the hell you go from there
01-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
RE: Sketchy situations / close call while abroad?.. Share your story!
you have open bi[u]g==== box man !
Good thread !

My first was with Gipsy gang....
We target soft shit.
At the same time I got cut in the 'wohnheim

Got caught officially beating the Turkish fuckers...
and after was clear,,, edit (West Berlin)
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 04:23 PM by Max.)
01-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
If I could vote down some place due to violence and taking your life in your hand at night Id say Miami or Atlanta. Miamis worse because you can be in a good area and in just a few blocks you'll be in a rough spot that could get you hurt or killed. My Mom, best friend, and friend of a friend have all witnessed gun fights in that place. On the plus side you won't find a stronger dance club or party culture in the US but its full of armed hoods who will kill. When I get my money right Pragues lookin good-if you want to pay top$$$ to be around chicas that you could get in Medellin or Cordoba for 1/4 of the $ that's your business but the brown meat is far from my primary interest. Atlanta is black gang banger central (google trap music to see my point in music video form) if you keep out of downtown, the south side, airport area, and industrial sections like Vinings at night you'll be fine but after dark you don't want to be in trap land dawg- you can do better just go to Brooklyn or Manhattan Santa Monica or West Hollywood as that as good as it gets for America to all you guys who are interested in the states. As much as I hate the media brainwashing they are right Bout everything is junk compared to NYC and LA- couldn't agree more and you guys know Im voting LA on that one.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 04:06 PM by TideRide.)
01-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6oe0lcz4PI

90's it was simple

South Chicago please and Detroit fuckers ?
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 04:31 PM by Max.)
01-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes nnomad123's post:
  • Max
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
(01-10-2015, 04:20 PM)Max Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6oe0lcz4PI

90's it was simple

Good old up in smoke tour lol
01-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
2 years in West Berlin...we ruled the North

(01-10-2015, 03:36 PM)Max Wrote: you have open bi[u]g==== box man !
Good thread !

We target soft shit.

TR you are for real ......but yet you clueless about EE Girls ?
Hmmm ?!

(01-10-2015, 04:00 PM)TideRide Wrote: If I could vote down some place due to violence and taking your life in your hand at night Id say Miami or Atlanta. Miamis worse because you can be in a good area and in just a few blocks you'll be in a rough spot that could get you hurt or killed. My Mom, best friend, and friend of a friend have all witnessed gun fights in that place. On the plus side you won't find a stronger dance club or party culture in the US but its full of armed hoods who will kill. When I get my money right Pragues lookin good-if you want to pay top$$$ to be around chicas that you could get in Medellin or Cordoba for 1/4 of the $ that's your business but the brown meat is far from my primary interest. Atlanta is black gang banger central (google trap music to see my point in music video form) if you keep out of downtown, the south side, airport area, and industrial sections like Vinings at night you'll be fine but after dark you don't want to be in trap land dawg- you can do better just go to Brooklyn or Manhattan Santa Monica or West Hollywood as that as good as it gets for America to all you guys who are interested in the states. As much as I hate the media brainwashing they are right Bout everything is junk compared to NYC and LA- couldn't agree more and you guys know Im voting LA on that one.

Rap hardly existed then ....
it was early 90's - I used to fuck around Tegel ...just chickas,,,

(01-10-2015, 04:37 PM)Max Wrote: 2 years in West Berlin...we ruled the North

(01-10-2015, 03:36 PM)Max Wrote: you have open bi[u]g==== box man !
Good thread !

We target soft shit.

TR you are for real ......but yet you clueless about EE Girls ?
Hmmm ?!

(01-10-2015, 04:00 PM)TideRide Wrote: If I could vote down some place due to violence and taking your life in your hand at night Id say Miami or Atlanta. Miamis worse because you can be in a good area and in just a few blocks you'll be in a rough spot that could get you hurt or killed. My Mom, best friend, and friend of a friend have all witnessed gun fights in that place. On the plus side you won't find a stronger dance club or party culture in the US but its full of armed hoods who will kill. When I get my money right Pragues lookin good-if you want to pay top$$$ to be around chicas that you could get in Medellin or Cordoba for 1/4 of the $ that's your business but the brown meat is far from my primary interest. Atlanta is black gang banger central (google trap music to see my point in music video form) if you keep out of downtown, the south side, airport area, and industrial sections like Vinings at night you'll be fine but after dark you don't want to be in trap land dawg- you can do better just go to Brooklyn or Manhattan Santa Monica or West Hollywood as that as good as it gets for America to all you guys who are interested in the states. As much as I hate the media brainwashing they are right Bout everything is junk compared to NYC and LA- couldn't agree more and you guys know Im voting LA on that one.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 04:50 PM by Max.)
01-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Had few drinks last night- I am sure you can tell ...all good fun Eh...! My past sometimes gets me ...and brings good but sometimes also bad memories.
Had number of bad episodes ....to be honest I do not really like to write about this - perhaps one day I will. It brings back negative energy in me.
Anyway most of this happen ages ago...

But now more seriously on this ...topic while you travel. This applies to rough spots just few 101 type of remarks that may help some new travelers:

Do not show / flash money and do not carry to much if you do not have to. Opening a wallet full of banknotes is not a good idea.
If you going out to have fun at night put your money in few spots / pockets in another words diversify holding spots...I do carry a wallet - but never have too much there anyway.
If you are robbed - give them the wallet. Same goes for police be ready to have small notes so called bribe money - and never show more otherwise they will take it. Make sure in case you lose everything - you have back up. For example leave your credit card or debit card at your place where you stay. Same goes for your passport etc...carry photo copy

Talking about place - if you party hardy - try not to bring girls to your place a specially if you wasted ...she may take more than just your good memories. Or she may pinpoint you and her friends may "break and enter" later. Or if she turns to be a nut case - at least you do not have to evacuate LOL !

Watch your drink - it takes few seconds to put shit into your drink - next thing you know - that you somewhere and do not remember a thing often without money or in jail and you need to pay your self out - really shitty feeling. Having a friend watching your back is always good.

Know your local geography - as TR said few wrong steps and you may be in the wrong hood.

If you operate alone - try not to get to much drunk - otherwise you are just an easy target. Anyway getting fucked up can get you in trouble regardless.

Do not fight If you can avoid fights ....no need to be a hero - it can cost you....just remove your self from situation. For example if you in the disco or club - and if will get hot for you - know your way out. People do not fight with honor - and often even if you are hercules - you will get your ass kicked if you have more opponents.

In some places your looks can get you in trouble - it makes you are target.
So do not stand out too much..blend in.

And in some parts of the world - you always will be gringo - just make sure you are not the stupid gringo.

01-11-2015, 02:37 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Copenhagen denmark of all places ... I was in this bar called keouster a or something like that... This is back in the early 90's after the breakul of the sovietic union....i am meeting my future brother in law for the furat time and we are dribling a lot of beer... I still LOVE Tuborg classic... Anyway it's denmark... Expensive as fuck this big Russian comes in... In a black trench coat. And I mean big. I am 6'3" 200 pounds and he made me feel so tiny... He pulls all this money out of his pocket throughs it down obviously drunk and says drinks for everyone I just had to kill a man that I like and this is blood money... The bartender starts stacking cases of beer on the bar... No one goes near it... So my brother in law and I are like fuck it... We had just been stiffed at a bar in Louxembourg. Different story... So we are not letting free beer get away. We go up and get four... Myself my sister brother in law and Danish flag that I would screw later that night...and all the crap talk about denmark... I found pretty girls there... Maybe not all but some. Anyway we drink our beers and talk and now one goes and gets any... So we are fuck it round two... This big Russian fallows us back to our table and sits down starts talking Danish... Lars asks him to speak English because my sister and I are Americans... He looks at me and says american pretty boy... I should break your fucking neck... Apparently an American pretty boy had fucked his girlfriend back home... So anyway I get to talking to him drunk as shit... The bartender now keeps bringing us beers I think to keep him away from the bar... I have know idea what I said he went from wanting to kill me and fuck my Danish girl to show me how it felt to being my best friend and trying to get my address in the states to come visit... Tide her is the only Zionist conspiracy I know of... Turns out he had some jewish ancestry... Found out I was half jew... My sister says we look look alike and I could be his American little brother... I start hugging the guy saying I always wanted a big brother... At this point he is laughing... Hugging me back and calling me his brother...I think I even kissed him on the cheek or something...we finally get out of there. My brother in law is like that guy was totally kgb. My Danish girl is kissing me and calling me her American hero ... That I talked him out of raping her... We drink jack Daniels from my flask all the way home... Then I fuck the shit out of my Danish girl while in bed with another girl? Was to happy to be alive to even think of going for the threesome...man I should have...

There have been others... But that one taught me you are never safe anywhere... At any moment shit can go from great to bad and back to great...honestly my life has been so crazily blessed... There has to be a God and he isn't finished with me yet...

Not sure on the name of the bar... I know it started with a K
01-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
Great info Max, that's honestly the most useful stuff I have gotten so far from NN. Those basic tips will go a long way for first travels I am sure. I know I cant avoid everything lol but if I can pick up on some of that stuff that is great.

Threesacharm - Awesome story brother. I was only a wee little guy around that time but I can only imagine some of the post-soviet tension/relations, etc. Sounds like you have a good cool about yourself. Always good to have ppl like that around, being able to keep things from getting too tense. From what I understand Russians are pretty set in their ways and an interaction with them (especially drinking) can go south really fast. Kept your head about you. Great post my friend
01-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

Sorry about all the crazy typos... I have a romanian keyboard option on my iPhone for the romanian girlfriend. When it switches to romanian because I fat finger the language key I get tons of crazy ass typos.

I try to stay calm... Soviets are crazily stuck in their ways. My step mom is Russian... I tripped over a dead guy in Russia... My step sister said they get to drunk to find their way home and just freeze to death in the street.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2015, 11:48 AM by threesacharm.)
01-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Don
Unregistered

Went to Sweden with a friend. We were just outside Stockholm in his cousin's house. His cousin's boyfriend asks us if we want to party -- it's about 3 am already. We oblige. His cousin's boyfriend brings over his buddy, who is ready to get hammer. He subsequently slams back about 6 beers in about 5 minutes - It was one of the most remarkable things I've seen. Shortly thereafter, we head to some guys house, wake up, and before I know it we are smoking Peyote. I was pretty fucked him. I didn't know what was going on, but I was having a good time.

We walk to an inlet which leads out into the Baltic. There were a bunch of canoes just hanging there. We had the brilliant idea to snag one and sail out to sea. We take like 3 canoes, throw them in the water, take our clothes off (it was a cold and wet summer's night) and jump in the water to get into the canoe. We were too drunk and high and were unable to board the vessel. We look to our left and there like 100 yachts. I told them that my grandfather, a yacht owner, always leaves his keys in the yacht. Our next order of business was to steal a yacht -- yes, grand theft auto, and sail out to sea.

We boarded about 15 boats, ripping the covers off, going in the cabins, all in our boxers. I noticed that one the kid -- the kid who was slamming beers was gone. I go back and our stuff is gone. This fucker stole everything. Meanwhile I look back and these shitheads found a miniboat and were almost out of the inlet about to enter the Baltic. I am shouting at the top of my lungs. Finally, after getting their attention I let them know that this shithead stole our stuff.

We go back to his place and plays dumb like didn't have our money, passports, wallets, phones, and clothes. I fucking walked back barefoot in my boxers in the cold rain. I am ready to knock this guy out. He is just standing there bullshitting us right to our face. They convinced him to retrace his steps while I snuck into his apartment. I ripped everything from head to toe. I found my stuff, but nobody elses. For retribution, I stole this guys money, his silver chains, his fucking mouse, internet card, his soccer trophies from when he was a kid. At this point it's about 8 am. I manage to find my way back home and pass out.

Meanwhile my friend goes back to the scene to try and recover their stuff and they run into the police. The two Swedish guys acted as if nothing happened, they didn't know each other, while my friend was singing like a canary. The police were saying that they had reports of some guys attempting to steal yachts and all that fun stuff. The cops then pull out passports and wallets they found on the ground. They decided that the guys were just drunk and no harm to society and subsequently let them go instead of arresting them/me for attempted grand theft auto.

TL;DR Fucked up and tried to steal multiple yachts outside of Stockholm
01-11-2015, 12:14 PM
[-]
  •
nnomad123 Offline
Deckhand

Canada
Beauty Don. Glad to hear you got your lot back. I cant stand little fucking snakes like the guy you spoke of. Good thing you dabbled into his treasures haha. What's the scene in Stockholm like? Expensive to visit and do some partying?
01-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Max Offline
Crewmember

Afghanistan
Just to add to my previous post in terms of tips 101:

Try to pay as you go ...do not run a tab / bill
Negotiate hard and try to set price up front for anything you do specially in Latin America.

Someone drops something - never pick up the item yourself...if you want to be good samaritan - point the person, often this is a trap.

Someone bounces against you - and his phone or I pad falls on the ground ... do not stop walk do not engage this fucker

Someone wants to show you good time on the town - and is extra friendly.....be careful fucker will lead you to location and at the end they will come up with $$$ fucking bill ...

Always ask up front how much it is ...

There are menus for Gringo and for locals with different prices - (very true in Cuba - Havana)

Your first exposure is airport - choose you taxi ride wisely and do some homework - this is where most folks gets screwed for the first experience.....

Remember do not let them choose you - you choose them - stay in control...

Trust your instincts

01-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
tim.alemanha Offline
Stowaway

well, I have been in really sketchy... I would say almost deadly situations in Havana, Cuba, Mexico City as well as Rio de Janeiro.

Does it stop me from going there and chasing their girls? No it doesn't, I keep going and hunting the I keep going to Havana every year as well as Brazil
12-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Find Reply