I'm gonna organise some adventure tours in Latvia this summer
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
I'm gonna organise some adventure tours in Latvia this summer
Well,

Got this idea about a week ago. I've got the logistics and also a fantastic guide to work with. Gonna set up several unique adventure tours this summer. I've been looking up expenses and inquiring for insurances, etc. Also registered some domain names. I just need some tips from you guys: how to promote this on the interweb? I will obviously go to local agencies, etc and offer them a percentage. But how could I get a lot of hits, etc on the net? There isn't a lot of competition, luckily. By the way, I have some experience with tourism already, organising custom-made tours in Congo. Just set up some expedition actually.

Also, any ideas of what you think should be in an adventure tour (camping, survival 'n shit)?

Thanks!
03-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Shanked Offline
Lieutenant

Belize
RE: I'm gonna organise some adventure tours in Latvia this summer
-target the keywords e.g. adventures tours 'country' 'city'. If these keywords are not competitve you will rank highly fast. You want to get to number 1 or two ranking for your keywords
-try get other websites to link to your website, the stronger the website the better
-using keywords in your domain name can help but not much as it use to
-have efficient code and good server
-make social media pages and have website in your about page
-most importantly above all else have good conent

Are you making the website yourself?
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 10:55 AM by Shanked.)
03-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
TideRide Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
Nescio
WhIch place in the Baltics is you favorite?

As for marketing-
Use the strengths of your environment-
Mountains, rivers, beaches etc

Do they rock climb or sea kayak in the baltics?

If I'm shopping- I say as a customer Just any cool and unique activity they have there that's not common in other places and would bring travelers new and rich experiences for doing it. Not the mundane they can get at home.

If they have good clubs maybe night life party bus excursions would be popular.

Use the term free like buy our tour and get a free meal with your admission etc or sign up for our email list and get a discount off of admission etc
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 06:49 PM by TideRide.)
03-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
(03-01-2015, 10:52 AM)Shanked Wrote: -target the keywords e.g. adventures tours 'country' 'city'. If these keywords are not competitve you will rank highly fast. You want to get to number 1 or two ranking for your keywords
-try get other websites to link to your website, the stronger the website the better
-using keywords in your domain name can help but not much as it use to
-have efficient code and good server
-make social media pages and have website in your about page
-most importantly above all else have good conent

Are you making the website yourself?

I was planning this already. My gf's sister is gonna give me some software for the website, she says it's pretty much drag and drop and that it's compatible with ipads and phones. I have keywords in my names. I will make logo's with some generator on a website. I was planning to put a lot of info about Latvia on the website in order to get a lot of people visiting the website when looking up info on Latvia.

Nescio
WhIch place in the Baltics is you favorite?

--> Haven't seen enough to already come up with an answer. But so far it's St-Petersburg, which I still consider the Baltics.

As for marketing-
Use the strengths of your environment-
Mountains, rivers, beaches etc

--> Yes, and wildlife, they have tons of wildlife.

Do they rock climb or sea kayak in the baltics?

--> There will be a two day canoe trip. I don't know anything about rock climbing, good idea! I will inform myself about this.

If I'm shopping- I say as a customer Just any cool and unique activity they have there that's not common in other places and would bring travelers new and rich experiences for doing it. Not the mundane they can get at home.

--> I will include at least one evening where they'll eat at some local's place, authentic food and drinks. There will be airsoft-shooting, beaver hunting, canoeing, building a sauna in the sand near the beach, sleeping in hammocks, several ways of bbq'ing and smoking meat using nothing but stuff from your environment, fishing, camping and then some stuff which I don't wanna talk about, cos I don't want anyone coming here stealing my idea. I'm offering two tours, the second one I'll explain later.

If they have good clubs maybe night life party bus excursions would be popular.

--> There's already competition for that, but on the first night, there will be party, pub crawl.

Use the term free like buy our tour and get a free meal with your admission etc or sign up for our email list and get a discount off of admission etc

--> I was also thinking of discounts for students. Thanks for the tips.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 09:33 PM by nescio.)
03-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Find Reply