• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubai
[-] The following 1 user Likes julertop's post:
  • Zolo
julertop Offline
Stowaway

Dubai
Hey guys,
I am planning a 7-day trip, from January 1st to January 8th, and was thinking about hitting Dubai.

First of all: I am an 25 yo Italian guy, quite good looking (typical mediterranean looks) and well-educated.
My English is good. Besides that, I can speak some broken Russian.
I will be travelling SOLO.
I have already travelled to numerous Eastern-European countries (Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia), amost all Western-European ones, USA (last trip to NYC and Vegas), etc.
Purpose of my trip will be visiting a new, fascinating country, chilling and picking up tourists [Image: wink.gif]
After going through the threads on here, I have come up with a brief list of pros and cons.

PROS
- the weather will be amazing, with temperatures hovering between +15 and +25C. Good for tanning, too;
- day-trips to the desert, plus a few exotic spots/venues;
- amazingly new architecture (I love skyscrapers and modern cities);
- loads of huge malls and fun activities;
- it's a meltin pot: I have read that more than 80% of the people are foreigners.

CONS
- bloody expensive (though not more than Vegas, I suppose);
- it's an Islamic country. All forms of PDAs are forbidden (even holding hands in public?!);
- alcohol is way too expensive;
- really bad ratio in bars/clubs (80/20?!).

As for the girls, I would avoid - for obvious reasons - the Arabic ones and stick to the loads of tourists.
I am quite concerned, however, as to the possibility of running night game like I would usually do in other Western countries (of course without make-outs in public). Any thoughts?

I have also heard that online dating works well there. Should this be the case, I could pipeline one week before going there (I have always had success on Tinder, so far [Image: banana.gif]). Any experience?

As for the accommodation, I would get a studio on my own (Airbnb). I hope there wouldn't be any problems in inviting some girl over (like there might be if I book a hotel room).

I would appreaciate all kinds of advice.
Thank you!
09-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 5 users Like milosevic.d's post:
  • Hicks, John Doe, julertop, Tims, Zolo
milosevic.d Offline
Stowaway

Brazil
RE: Dubai
I've been to Dubai several times. So here's my take on it.

Game is definitely possible, even making out if you're secluded enough (e.g. dark corner of a beach or alley). During day it is a bit more difficult to get a kiss (obviously), but since nobody can do it, I don't think it's a flaw really (unless your thing really is kissing in public, then you're screwed).

Avoid local girls, as you already said. Don't even look at them sexually, just stay on the safe side. Simple rule.

I've tried only Tinder there and I can say it's not really good. You have a ton of Philippinas that work crazy hours like slaves and have only time to chat with you and maybe see you once a week. Replies from other girls are almost non existent. Better go out and hit on Caucasians / middle class girls (I hate to be racist, but that's how it is).

Now about going out....that is quite a thing there. There are plenty of clubs with free entrance and almost anybody can get in (as long as they are properly dressed). There the ratio is indeed 8 guys to 2 girls (excluding hookers, there are many of them). But another ratio is more important - there's about 1 hot guy out of 50. The others are just there because of the free entrance (they wouldn't be accepted anywhere else). So you can go to such a club if you're lazy, you'll probably be in the top 1% guys and you'll easily get the top 1% of those 20% girls, which is not too much (do the math, it's not so good in the end). Also, if you want to game and talk to a lot of pretty girls in one night, this is not the place. You have to go to more exclusive places.

But just a bit more exclusive places are much more difficult to get in if you're a solo guy. They simply won't let you get in. Period. You need to have a table reservation, which assumes a decent price payed upfront (don't even ask about it, I've avoided it always). But the rule is - the harder the club is to get into, the hotter the girls inside. Now, the other way to get in such places is if you're in a group of girls (as long as the group has more girls than guys, it gets in). But you're solo. If you had a group of girls you wouldn't need to go out and game in the first place, right? Well, there's a solution.

The easiest place to start gaming is during the day, on the beach. Now January might be a bit too cold for that unfortunately. I've always went in spring. Weekends bring so many people to the beaches, easily accessible girls. Now don't get disappointed if you don't see the hottest ones there. Just approach whichever girls you see your age, try to blend in and then invite them to one of those clubs! Be honest, say that you're alone and want to go out and experience Dubai nightlife, and you can't do it solo. They'll usually agree to go with you as there's no sexual pressure. But you need 2 girls at least, otherwise it's a date and you're stuck with that one and only (if that is fine with you, then great).

And finally, when you get inside the club by using your beach girls, you can stay with them, be nice and try to get some guys for them! That works like magic! Even if it doesn't work out for them, you'll be free to approach all the other hot girls there.

And final advice - be careful when approaching girls in clubs, as they might be gold digger bitches accompanied by local douchebags. They will not only reject you harshly, but their companions might get aggressive easily and your night is over.

Hope this helps. I'm probably going again to Dubai in April / May 2017 to see what's changed. Please post your experiences once you get back.
Cheers!
11-09-2016, 05:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nescio Offline
Lieutenant

Congo Democratic Republic
How is Vegas expensive??? I was there in 2007 and the hotels and buffets were cheap, also drinks. Try Japan, Scandinavia or Africa ... now, that's expensive.
11-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
the sky is the limit in vegas, but it can also be done cheaply if you want to do it that way

not sure thats possible in dubai
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

11-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
Great first post milosevic.d
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
11-13-2016, 05:51 AM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
julertop Offline
Stowaway

(11-09-2016, 05:48 AM)milosevic.d Wrote: I've been to Dubai several times. So here's my take on it.

Game is definitely possible, even making out if you're secluded enough (e.g. dark corner of a beach or alley). During day it is a bit more difficult to get a kiss (obviously), but since nobody can do it, I don't think it's a flaw really (unless your thing really is kissing in public, then you're screwed).

Avoid local girls, as you already said. Don't even look at them sexually, just stay on the safe side. Simple rule.

I've tried only Tinder there and I can say it's not really good. You have a ton of Philippinas that work crazy hours like slaves and have only time to chat with you and maybe see you once a week. Replies from other girls are almost non existent. Better go out and hit on Caucasians / middle class girls (I hate to be racist, but that's how it is).

Now about going out....that is quite a thing there. There are plenty of clubs with free entrance and almost anybody can get in (as long as they are properly dressed). There the ratio is indeed 8 guys to 2 girls (excluding hookers, there are many of them). But another ratio is more important - there's about 1 hot guy out of 50. The others are just there because of the free entrance (they wouldn't be accepted anywhere else). So you can go to such a club if you're lazy, you'll probably be in the top 1% guys and you'll easily get the top 1% of those 20% girls, which is not too much (do the math, it's not so good in the end). Also, if you want to game and talk to a lot of pretty girls in one night, this is not the place. You have to go to more exclusive places.

But just a bit more exclusive places are much more difficult to get in if you're a solo guy. They simply won't let you get in. Period. You need to have a table reservation, which assumes a decent price payed upfront (don't even ask about it, I've avoided it always). But the rule is - the harder the club is to get into, the hotter the girls inside. Now, the other way to get in such places is if you're in a group of girls (as long as the group has more girls than guys, it gets in). But you're solo. If you had a group of girls you wouldn't need to go out and game in the first place, right? Well, there's a solution.

The easiest place to start gaming is during the day, on the beach. Now January might be a bit too cold for that unfortunately. I've always went in spring. Weekends bring so many people to the beaches, easily accessible girls. Now don't get disappointed if you don't see the hottest ones there. Just approach whichever girls you see your age, try to blend in and then invite them to one of those clubs! Be honest, say that you're alone and want to go out and experience Dubai nightlife, and you can't do it solo. They'll usually agree to go with you as there's no sexual pressure. But you need 2 girls at least, otherwise it's a date and you're stuck with that one and only (if that is fine with you, then great).

And finally, when you get inside the club by using your beach girls, you can stay with them, be nice and try to get some guys for them! That works like magic! Even if it doesn't work out for them, you'll be free to approach all the other hot girls there.

And final advice - be careful when approaching girls in clubs, as they might be gold digger bitches accompanied by local douchebags. They will not only reject you harshly, but their companions might get aggressive easily and your night is over.

Hope this helps. I'm probably going again to Dubai in April / May 2017 to see what's changed. Please post your experiences once you get back.
Cheers!
Thank you milosevic.d for the useful pieces of advice!
Any feedback on the international pubs located in the JLT district? Like McGettigan's (which has been recommended to me on another forum).
Also: any specific clubs you would recommend checking out?

(11-12-2016, 12:23 AM)nescio Wrote: How is Vegas expensive??? I was there in 2007 and the hotels and buffets were cheap, also drinks. Try Japan, Scandinavia or Africa ... now, that's expensive.
I was in Vegas in August 2016 and I've just come back from Sweden. As far as my experience goes, prices are roughly the same.
Both bloody expensive, especially when it comes to clubs, drinks and food. Though in Vegas the tipping part plays a big role, too.
11-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
milosevic.d Offline
Stowaway

Brazil
Quote:Any feedback on the international pubs located in the JLT district? Like McGettigan's (which has been recommended to me on another forum).

Also: any specific clubs you would recommend checking out?

Uh, I was there last time 2 years ago, I don't really remember the places. But I remember that I wasn't going too much to the Marina, but rather closer the center (around Burj Khalifa). 

In general I preferred open air bars (rooftop ones usually). Atmosphere seemed a bit more chilled in such places than in clubs with famous DJs, but maybe you'll like it the other way around.
11-21-2016, 04:50 AM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes julertop's post:
  • Zolo
julertop Offline
Stowaway

Hey guys,
I have just come back home after my trip to Dubai and I thought I would briefly share my thoughts and first impressions as a tourists there.

The city is one of the most multicultural I have ever been to.
Definitely something completely different from the average European capital.
I loved going on top of the Burj Khalifa, strolling around the JBR beachwalk, enjoying the views at the Marina, seeing the Old Dubai and much more.
Furthermore, the weather in January is perfect for sightseeing (temperatures hover between 16C and 26C).
It does strike as a soulless city, though. Fake and artificial. I couldn't see myself living there.

During my 6 days there I went out only two times at night (I was on dates on the other nights), at "Barasti beach club" and "Lock, Stock & Barrell".
The first one is a cool beach club in JBR. Plenty of people, free entrance, music not too loud. The ratio was surely bad (I'd say 75/25), but the vast majority of the guys there are Indians/Pakistani with no game whatsoever. I opened a few sets, which were quite receptive, but didn't manage to get solid leads - nor pull.
As for "Lock, Stock & Barrell", it's a cool bar inside the Grand Millenium hotel - close to where I was staying. More European vibe and plenty of expats.
Generally speaking, my first impression is that nightgame in Dubai quite harder than in Italy, but not THAT hard.
Logistics are surely bad, but taxis are everywhere and are cheap.

Despite what I have been told, I did very well on Tinder. Without sharing too much details, I ended up sleeping with 3 girls from 3 different new countries Wink
Of course online game is a numbers game, but I literally got loads of matches and couldn't even manage to game them all the right way (sightseeing is, for me, always a priority; plus, I didn't have good access to the internet when I was out in the city).
As an Italian guy, I matched with many Asians (especially from the Philippines) who were clearly DTF. Also a few cabin crews (which are harder to meet up with, due to their unpredictable schedule).
Bumble, too, seem to be working surprisingly well.

I had a great time in Dubai and I am glad I chose this city for my winter-break.
Feel free to ask any question - I'd be glad to be of help.
Cheers
01-08-2017, 04:46 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
PlanetOzzy Offline
Lieutenant

United States
Nice writeup, sounds like you had a good time Wink

The cabin crews had one tinder profile for all the girls?
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 07:48 AM by PlanetOzzy.)
01-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
Yar. Nice work bro.
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
01-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
julertop Offline
Stowaway

Thank you guys!

@PlanetOzzy: what do you mean by "The cabin crews had one tinder profile for all the girls"?
01-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
nomadphilippines Offline
Lieutenant

Afghanistan
think you just meant that you matched some stewardesses but the way you phrased it made it sound like the tinder profiles were for all the girls in the cabin crew
avid follower of this site that helps you find girls anywhere: http://guysnightlife.com
friends blog: http://nomadphilippines.com/

01-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Website Find Reply
[-]
  •
PlanetOzzy Offline
Lieutenant

United States
Haha, nomadphilippines cleared it up. I thought you meant that there was a full cabin crew with multiple girls and they made one profile which you matched with.
01-16-2017, 08:20 AM
Find Reply