[-] The following 2 users Like wolfpack10's post:
  • BC101, Mixx
wolfpack10 Offline
Winning Lotto Ticket

Espana
Barranquilla, Colombia data sheet

Barranquilla, Colombia

Brief Overview of the City

Industrial city. Not many tourists, the only time I saw any other obvious foreigners around town was the days of the Colombian National Team soccer matches, and they only stayed a day or two. A few businessmen about, but middle-aged at least. Not quite as developed as Medellin or Bogota, infrastructure isn't as modern. The further towards the North-West corner of the city you are in, the nicer areas.

The Women

The women here are more tanned/caribbean compared to other regions further south. Because of the hot weather (at all times), they dress in lighter clothing and more revealing. A few more women with extra pounds here compared to what I noticed in Medellin. They all seem friendly. I didn't notice a significant difference in attitude being more liberal or conservative then Paisa's, other then an "exotic factor" because there are less foriegners. English is not really spoken here at any level, even if they spend a year or two learning in school.

Game

With the lack of foreigners here, you will certainly get a lot of attention and looks. Anytime I made eye-contact with a girl I found attractive, I approached. After a few minutes of small-talk, I asked for the number and always got it. Not that it was 100% leading to something tangible, but they would still be interested enough to talk another time. I didn't notice a discernable difference between telling them I would call/text and such a time, or asking when they would be free.
I had been in Colombia for over a month by the time I was here, so my Spanish was somewhat conversable. It is a bit of a double-edged sword, because the girls are interested in you for being foreign, but if you don't speak Spanish, you won't get very far. Sometimes I opened girls in English, just to get their attention more, but after they inevitably told me they didn't speak English, I would talk to in Spanish.
Day-game is significantly more promising then night-game. Night-game is similar to the rest of the country, social circles.But again, if you play-off the exotic factor you might be able to attract attention, though it might be dudes trying to practice their english just as much as girls trying to get play.
Pipelining would be a good idea, they seem to be thrilled at the prospect of a foreigner visiting their city. I had two lined up, only saw one and she was cool at first, but turned out to be certified insane. The other one was super flaky, and I had figured out Colombiana's games by that point to cater to her schedule.

Nightlife Recommendations

Where are the main nightlife areas? What particular places would you recommend?

Frogg Leggs: The most popular club in town. Expensive, 20 000 pesos cover approx. Also has the best talent in the city, but again, they area already in their groups. If you keep your eye on a group, you might be able to figure out which girls the Designated Beta(s) for the night is after, and go for one of the friends. The tide collectively rises, and the women here are generally of high standard.
Everyone here seems to initially congregate towards the back of the building in front of the projection screen showing music videos. Imagine the bar in the shape of a number 9, with the top of the "9" being in the direction of the afforementioned projection screen. Set-up basecamp in the middle, and you can scan both sides of the venue. The high seats give you a better vantage point then sitting at a low table, especially as later in the night when the place gets packed and lots of people are standing. Also a good place for foot traffic with a view of who is coming and going from the bathroom.

Calle 84:
I went to a couple places around this area, don't remember the names exactly, a bit hit and miss. But there are a bunch of places so you can find something. But its the same night-game problem of trying to break into the social circles. Wasn't overly spectacular places, but no cover, and a lot of options in a condensed area.

Trucupey: Disco at Portal del Prado mall, towards the lower-end of the income spectrum, potentially easier pickings. I only have experiance at the mall in the day.

Day Game Locations

Buenavista:
Upscale mall in the richest part of town, with two buildings across the street from each other. Buenavista 1 (with the Exito) is a bit older, and not quite as nice, movie theatre on the third floor and a busy/high density food court. Buenavista 2 across the street (or skywalk), calm food court on the top. The first floor has the upper class shops, Zara, Hugo Boss, Gucci etc. Zara seems to be the place where the top tier girls frequent, and there is a men's section so you wouldn't look like a tool if you wandered in there. Didn't encounter many other foreigners here, but that is where you would find them, as well as the rich dudes. So success isn't as common as in other places, subsequently the best looking women in town

Portal del Prado:

Decent mall, but towards the poorer end of town in the east. That area of town is far away from the nicer hotels, thus foreigners are noticed. Large food court to find girls to approach. The mall itself isn't that big, and only two levels.

Unico:
Outlet mall in the centre of town. I got a lot of attention/looks here, therefore approaching is easiest. Decent sized food court too. Even though its in the middle of town, its sort of hidden down side streets so foriengers don't come here at all. I was here twice, the second time with a girl, at one point we were just walking and she grabs me around the waist with both arms. I couldn't understand why, then I looked over and 3 girls were smiling at me...the girl I was with felt it necessary to 'mark her territory'.

Playa Verano :

Beach, about 30 mins west of the ciy centre, taxi ride 25 000 pesos. I was only here once, and it was a beach party at one of the hotels. Beach itself didn't seem overly attractive, I wasn't interested in testing the water and the sand was rather muddy.

Hotels
I stayed a few nights at each of these 3. They are all about $70-100/night (depending how far in advance you book)

Hotel El Prado: Very large hotel in the centre of town, almost resort like with a pool and giant courtyard in the middle. Invite a girl during the day to come to the pool, since the city is always hot, and girls love the pool she will likely say yes (though maybe not if its the first 'date'). Its a very famous hotel and everyone knows it as landmark, old and historic, some of the staff seem like they might have been there since the Grand Opening in 1930, so the service isn't the best. I found this was the easiest to get girls past the front desk without any hassle though. I wasn't able to decipher if it was a requirement or suggestion to leave the key at the front desk. Anyways, just walk your date into the front, tell her to sit down, take 5 seconds to grab the key and go through the courtyard to your room.

Estelar: 5-star hotel, middle/north part of the city. Top quality all around. Near impossile to get a girl beyond the front-desk in stealth mode, security is on point, she would just be required to give her ID at the front-desk. Small inconvience, but potential dampening of the mood.
Hotel Majestic:
Near Portal del Prado, east part of town. Similar to Hotel El Prado, but not as big, still a nice pool though and big decent rooms. Also require a girl to register at the front-desk, only one way up the stairs and the foyer isn't big enough to traffick them in unnoticed.
Others - Sonesta & Dann Carlton (both in best part of town, most expensive $200+/night), Barranquilla Plaza (Calle 51, good logistics walking distance to a few lounges and top restaurants right next to it, close to Calle 84)

Other Activities

None.
Museum of the Caribbean, go to the movies by yourself, or if you have a real need to go to the beach, go to Santa Marta or Cartagena.

Travel
Viva Colombia (Ryan Air equivlent) has cheap flights from Medellin, 100 000 (~$55) pesos the day of the flight, sometimes 50 000 pesos booked in advance, or even 30 000 pesos (~$15) if you have no checked luggage. Taxi from the airport should cost 20-25 000 pesos depending how far into town you are going.
Taxi's are not metered like in Medellin, confim the price before going, within town should cost 6000-8000 pesos at most.
Santa Marta is about an hour and a half to the east, Cartagena is 2 hours plus to the west.

Personal Experience

I was there for 2 weeks, made progress with 3 different girls. 1 pipeline, 1 that I met on the airplane, and 1 from the mall. Other numbers, but nothing that came to fruition. I was in town for work, so I didn't have all hours of the day for game, and the ones I met were fairly time consuming. None came back to my hotel on the first night, as opposed to Medellin (data sheet imminent).
About Me: 6'2, Western-European White, decent shape, dressed decently (esp compared to the local standards), by the time I was here I spoke spanish enough to have basic conversations.

The Bottom Line

Hot, industrial city, with curious tanned women. If you are feeling like doing nothing but game, come here.

Happy to answer any questions, or clarify.

Medellin info coming soon, I spent more time there.
11-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Road_Less_Taken Offline
Deckhand

RE: Barranquilla, Colombia data sheet
Great Data sheet, I'm planning on skipping over Barranquilla when I go to Colombia, though you never know.

+1
11-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
good stuff.

there are some other nightlife spots and areas that are pure gold man.

but cant go wrong with the ones you listed either.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 01:20 PM by Dash.)
11-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Confuclican Offline
Colonel

Colombia has been a long time destination of mines and on my list. Do you think a decent looking American man of Indian descent (guy that looks Indian but is American) can do well with women there?
11-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
How many nights did you go out? You said you where there for 2 weeks so I am hoping you went out atleast 3 times. Even that is very low.

You said you were white. Did you not notice any IOI's in the club or during the day?

You said the girls to met were time consuming and coincidentally didnt even put out.

I would recommend not spending much time on these types of girls esp if you are in town for a short time. Try to focus on girls that are clearly DTF and giving ton a IOIs. Try to kiss them. If they show any signs of resistance ditch their asses. Also if you invite a chick back to your hotel and she declines I would ditch her and go find a girl that will. To many willing bitches in Quilla to be dicking around with a cock tease.

11-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
wolfpack10 Offline
Winning Lotto Ticket

Espana
I went out 4 nights. I can't remember the names of all the places, would just go to Calle 84 for example and cruise through different places to see what happens.

Maybe I should clarify, I wrote this over two jet-lagged days. They were time consuming insofar as in the evenings I had a rotation on the go, but they did put out. A couple nights with each girl (maybe they didn't give it up on the first night), a few nights to chill, 2 nights kicking it with some Aussies I met. Two weeks goes by fast. It was during the day, when I wasn't busy with work, and the girls were at work/Uni that I got really bored.

I got a lot of attention during the day at those other two malls, especially Unico. If I found something I liked, I went to talk to them and got their number.

The night time I got attention too, especially when the DJ played "La Gringa". It was easier to meet people here then in Medellin, because people are curious why I am there, but tough to break through the social circle of the upper class chicks who are spending the entire night on BBM...

11-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RioNomad Offline
Gunner

(11-10-2012, 11:44 AM)Confuclican Wrote: Colombia has been a long time destination of mines and on my list. Do you think a decent looking American man of Indian descent (guy that looks Indian but is American) can do well with women there?

You can't expect to do better with women abroad than you do in the US. How many girls have you slept with in the US?
11-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(11-10-2012, 06:23 PM)RioNomad Wrote: You can't expect to do better with women abroad than you do in the US. How many girls have you slept with in the US?

Sure you can. An American in America has no DHV.

I bang way more women abroad than I do in the states.

My chances for a SNL in America is maybe 10-20%. In Latin America its 80%. (with the same amount of effort, or technically no effort)

When a guy goes out in America they HOPE to get. When a guy goes out abroad he EXPECT to get laid. (regarding LA & SEA)

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 10:00 PM by Dash.)
11-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

(11-10-2012, 11:44 AM)Confuclican Wrote: Colombia has been a long time destination of mines and on my list. Do you think a decent looking American man of Indian descent (guy that looks Indian but is American) can do well with women there?

Lmao Ree. You're trolling the fuck out of this guys huh?
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Confuclican Offline
Colonel

(11-10-2012, 06:35 PM)Dash Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 06:23 PM)RioNomad Wrote: You can't expect to do better with women abroad than you do in the US. How many girls have you slept with in the US?

Sure you can. An American in America has no DHV.

I bang way more women abroad than I do in the states.

My chances for a SNL in America is maybe 10-20%. In Latin America its 80%. (with the same amount of effort, or technically no effort)

When a guy goes out in America they HOPE to get. When a guy goes out abroad he EXPECT to get laid. (regarding LA & SEA)

both of you made legitimate posts, I have enjoyed positive reception from women in America but due to living at home with overly intrusive parents (soon to change), I have only been able to fuck a limited number of girls

if I was on my own then that number would be much higher than it is right now

shockingly enough I think things in the states are very different, like most Latinas I have talked to have some sort of grudge against White people to an extent and quite a few have said they are not that interested in White men (mainly these were Puerto Rican girls). so of course colombia would be different territory for me

good job on the data sheet OP, I will be paying attention
11-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
wolfpack10 Offline
Winning Lotto Ticket

Espana
Barranquilla may be hitting its peak. Noticing significantly more girls on social networking sites (other then just facebook) who are from Barranquilla as opposed to a year ago at this time. Once the infection fully hits, the omega beta delta pie foreigners starting giving it attention and visits, the attitudes are going to start up. Luckily the site is fairly boring, though it is growing with international industrial business, so the white man is starting to appear more. At this point its mostly old business men however.
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
I dont think we have to worry about Quilla anytime soon. Esp not with Cartagena and SM so close by being big tourist destinations.

A bigger concern is Cali imo.
11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Find Reply