Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Weeks in S.E Asia - Where to go?
[-]
  •
ralphio Offline
Stowaway

RE: Three Weeks in S.E Asia - Where to go?
So, I'm leaving the snow behind on Saturday and heading east. Decided to go with my original plan of Phuket, Phi Phi, Bangkok, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh. Philippines seemed a bit of a hassel if I wanted to do another country on the same trip, maybe next time.

Any tips on places worth checking out? Particularly with Bangkok & Cambodia?

01-22-2013, 04:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Take a trip from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap for the Angkor Temples. One of the best sites in South East Asia. In PP I would stay near the riverside, lots of hotels, bars & restaurants down there and it's quite nice without being too expensive. Go see the prison, killing fields, shoot some cows and chickens at the gun range etc. Standard PP shit. Cheap valium, xanax, painkillers etc at pharmacies. Women in the clubs are all hookers at least the ones you'll go to as the more local normal clubs are in different areas and not really touristy places.

Bangkok just stay somewhere in the skytrain line as you'll be able to get around to most places you want to go easily, especially for nightlife.

Soi Cowboy, Patpong, Nana Plaza are the red light districts. Most of lower sukhumvit is bar girl places and freelancer clubs. RCA for clubs full of students and some tourists. Thong Lor, Ekkamai and Ratchada for more upscale Thai clubs and women (next to no chance of getting a one night stand). Kowsarn Road for backpacker shit (a fucking circus). Ratchathewi, Phraya Thai or Victory Monument for some local bars with live music and good food these are also good date spots (parituclarly Coco Walk at Ratchathewi BTS).

Pretty much any girl who you meet in one of the touristy after hour places is likely to be a pro even if she doesn't mention money or claims she has a job. Normal girls are hard to pull from bars & clubs as always out in big, mixed, groups and it would be social suicide for her to leave with a farang (everyone assumes you're a sex tourist). Hit the dating sites before you go (Thai Friendly or Thai Love Links) if you want to meet some normal girls because otherwise you'll probably only fuck sketchy girls or hookers and do lots of 'shoring'. RCA is probably your best bet for one night stands with non hooker girls from clubs, girls here are usually less stuck up, used to seeing foreigners in the clubs there and some may even like foreigners. I've never had a one night stand from there (just managed to collect numbers and bang later) but I hear that some guys have.

Bangkok is one of the most fun cities in the world so enjoy.
01-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
ralphio Offline
Stowaway

Awesome man. I will definitely hit a few of those places.

Not sure about shooting animals. I just Googled that and saw someone demolishing a cow with a rocket launcher...

01-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

$20 for a chicken and $100 for a cow. Braaaap braaap!
01-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
FDuckleford Offline
Gunner

I liked siem reap better than pp. .

For Bangkok, avoid patpong. Tourist trap
01-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Bagotell Offline
Deckhand

Guy

Anywhere in Asia is going to be good for sure - do some research and pipeline and it will be all the better

KL or BKK are great hubs for Air Asia and other low cost airlines, where u can hit just about anywhere

Malaysia is ok, but its quite expensive to hit the town - same goes for Jakarta and the traffic is a nightmare - not a place I would go for a holiday (I live in JKT)

U could Try KK or Ku Ching for a 2 day visit (Air Asia)

some other good spots - Gili Island near Lombok (a bit like Boracay before it was invaded and became crap) - Singapore (expensive but target rich) - Ditto HK, Bali (not Kuta tho) - Macau is tourist friendly and target rich

Value for money = Thailand gets my vote and BKK the best city short visit, (agreed - avoid patpong and nana) try Soi 33

dont forget feedback

01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Find Reply