• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Countries Where It Still Means Something to Be a Foreigner
[-]
  •
Technics Offline
Deckhand

List of Countries Where It Still Means Something to Be a Foreigner
Gentlemen,

Many benefits have come from globalization such as the ease of movement between country borders, and the advent of modern cheap air transportation.

But on the flip-side, the drawback is that being a foreigner in many "strange" lands is not what it used to be. In many cities, people don't even bat an eyelid anymore if you're a foreigner, especially for Americans.

I feel a tinge of disappointment when I'm walking down a street in a foreign non-english speaking country and I hear english left and right, even more so if the people are speaking without accent.

I propose that we forge a list of countries where it still holds some sort of "currency" to be a foreigner, meaning that people are 1) not overrun with with tourists on a regular basis, 2) interested in getting to know a "foreigner."

The difference between first, second and third tier cities has already been extensively written about. With this thread, I hope to paint with a bit of a broader brush, and see if we can identity the remaining countries that are not entirely overrun with hordes of tourists.

I believe the best general criteria would be to judge the country by its capital and how difficult attaining entry to the country is. If the capital still holds allure for foreigners, I believe as a general rule of thumb its safe to assume the "lesser" cities in the country will.

Here are my opening suggestions:

1) Burma/Myranmar
2) Iran
3) North Korea
4) DRC (Congo)
5) Afghanistan

I'm sure Zolo will have plenty to say on this. Anyone feel free to chime in.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM by Technics.)
12-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 3 users Like RockingForever's post:
  • deb auchery, Mirage, Rick91
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: List of Countries Where It Still Means Something to Be a Foreigner
Not sure about Myanmar, tourists have been going there for years even more so recently. Iran I don't think so either, it's hardly a no go area is it? (Well maybe for you Americans).

It doesn't bother me so much that there are few places where being a foreigner would make people stop in the street because there are still plenty of places in the world where if you fit a certain criteria you can have the time of your life.

Thailand has been getting tourists since the 60s, sex tourists at that, but I can still go to Bangkok and live like a rockstar and fuck a different girl every night (non pros). Mixx has found something similar in Poland, Deb in Ukraine, Rick in Peru, Roosh...well nowhere. Wink

So it's all still good IMO.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 11:59 PM by RockingForever.)
12-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mirage Offline
Gunner

^ This is very true!

12-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Technics Offline
Deckhand

Didn't say it has to be a NO-GO area or that there has to be an absolute absence of tourists. I said either a bit difficult to go to and no HORDES of tourists.

And Iran is certainly still a place where there is great novelty in being a foreigner from the West.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2012, 01:47 AM by Technics.)
12-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
chochemonger1 Offline
Boatswain

Maybe certain parts of Russia, like Siberia, qualify. I least I hope so.... because it would be like finding a gold mine and I will go mining soon.Big Grin
12-14-2012, 04:31 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mirage Offline
Gunner

Siberia would be pretty cool, literally.

Novosibirsk?
12-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
DIBAL-H
Unregistered

Iran and North Korea man?

ya they love westerner in those countries, i would disagree mr op
12-14-2012, 05:16 AM
[-]
  •
chochemonger1 Offline
Boatswain

(12-14-2012, 05:00 AM)Mirage Wrote: Siberia would be pretty cool, literally.

Novosibirsk?

Probably a city full of universities that is smaller. But since the trip wont happen until next summer, all options are on the table.
I cant think of a more untapped pussy paradise than Siberia. Maybe it is just an illusion.
Though better believe, the Russian men wont be happy about foreign men going there.
12-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:Inside of taking a plane to SE Asia in January, maybe I should take the Trans-Siberian railway and excercise the Ferret along the way!

Yeah I'm tempted to do the same early next year, travel from Europe to Thailand over land on a fuck mission.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2012, 08:56 AM by RockingForever.)
12-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Find Reply