• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xmas and NYE plans
[-]
  •
Ryan Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Xmas and NYE plans
So festive period has arrived, what have the members of NN got planned for this period? Away in foreign lands? At home with the family?

Unfortunately I'm doing neither, as I'm in London but there's 3 opportunities to ge SNL's at least during the week from Xmas eve to NYE.
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Xmas and NYE plans
At home for xmas this year spending it with family. At my mums for xmas dinner then to my dad side of the family the day after, a night out with mates and a gig in between xmas and nye then out to local pubs on nye. I find NYE totally over rated and have done for years, don't care much for it so not making any big plans, everything is always over priced, over hyped, over busy and getting a taxi home near impossible so going anywhere apart from local is a nightmare.
12-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ryan Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Prices are a huge problem in London on Xmas Eve and NYE, taxis are doubled(even though tube hsa been open all night and free for some years), drinks tripled, club entries tripled. The pub is what we're looking at, or a house party.
12-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

NYE seems to bring out every dickhead in the city too, loads more drunken idiots and trouble. Queues to get in everywhere (even pubs), prices stupid, can't get home...what's the point.
12-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
I have purchased tickets for Fabric- NYE , only because Dave Clarke plays there and also booked a nice hotel in Liverpool for Xmas. I don't like London during Xmas. I had a last minute chance to go to Tenerife for a ridiculous price,but I have other trips to make the next months and it would be too much, if I leave now for a week. Trying not to think about it Smile
S4F/G4B
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 02:30 AM by minotavros.)
12-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ryan Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Ah Fabric, used to be a bastion of drum n bass last friday of every month..not sure if it is anymore
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Berliner Offline
Deckhand

I was there at the last NYE and it was solid.Last time I went there was for Fatboy Slim, which was a bit shit.What's with most of the London's club btw?Fabric had more security than punters in one of the rooms, me and others getting searched on the way OUT, at other clubs they had some dogs and saw them taking down the pants of some dude out in the cold in public and going through his trunks.First time I went to the mos some fag asked me 20 times if I was sure I had nothing on me, that I shouldn't have.Then threatened me that I'll be strip searched in some room and tried to put his thumbs under my belt at which point I got mad, shouted at him: 'hey, wtf do you think you're doing?' and he backed off.Everybody in front of me went through the same 5 minute search.
I've never experienced such faggotry in any other city around Europe.Not even at the airports, when I've forgotten my fork and knife in the hand luggage.
12-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Getting searched on the way out is bizarre, never heard of that.
12-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Im going to Fabric for Dave Clarke only-best techno punk dj ever. Otherwise I don't give a fuck.
S4F/G4B
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 05:30 AM by minotavros.)
12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Berliner Offline
Deckhand

I now remember, there were security guys next to the toilets too and I got cockblocked.Missed getting my Korean flag on the 1st day of the year.
If you're all about techno :
Boris
DVS1
Fiedel
DJ Pete
Ben Klock
Robert Hood
Marcel Fengler
Norman Nodge
Marcel Dettmann
Answer Code Request

You're not supposed to take any pictures in, but you'll have created plenty of memories 50 hours into 2013!
12-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ryan Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Personally dont like MoS, never have done.
12-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
minotavros Offline
Boatswain

United Kingdom
Just got back from Liverpool.. the local talent is awesome, beats every other English city I have been to.. The ratio is great. Definitely going back soon.
S4F/G4B
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 07:35 AM by minotavros.)
12-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Find Reply