Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hong Kong - players heaven (mini datasheet)
[-] The following 1 user Likes 007 Game's post:
  • Mixx
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan
Hong Kong - players heaven (mini datasheet)
Guys,

Hong Kong is a players HEAVEN.

LKF, the party area, is PACKED on weekends but has enough to work with every single day of the week:

"Lan Kwai Fong is a small square of streets in Central, Hong Kong. The area was dedicated to hawkers before the Second World War, but underwent a renaissance in the mid 1980s. It is now a popular expatriate haunt in Hong Kong for drinking, clubbing and dining. The street Lan Kwai Fong is L-shaped with two ends joining with D'Aguilar Street"

There are DOZENS of bars and clubs in the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lan_Kwai_Fong

http://www.lankwaifong.com/index.php?page=home

Hong Kong is full of exchange students, expats from every country, models, and tourists. The models congregate in a club called "Volar" that opens late (around 2 am).

On the weekend Dragon Eye (http://www.worldsbestbars.com/age-gate?r...2Fdragon-i) was great as well as all that area above LKF.

There is another party area called Wan Chai but that's where all the professional girls go to, there are many strip bars in that area and I didn't even go there once. I also never went out in the Kowloon side. There is a whole culture of private member clubs here and very high end places but I didn't even bother with those. I just went to LKF which was a 10 minute walk from my hotel. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Soho which is a good value 3 star that feels like a 4 star, free wifi and breakfast. It's always cheapest on booking.com , about 1000 or 1100 HKD a night ($140)

In LKF I just went in and out of the different clubs and bars, I spent most of my time in Insomnia which has a "25 and over" policy and live music every night. They give 30% discount to stewardesses so it's where they usually hang out.

Hong Kong is a great place to get custom made shirts and suits, I got one suit made which is freaking awesome. If you get shirts or suit made - do it with a local CHINESE store, NOT with an Indian one, the Indian guys charge three times more. My suit was 3800 HKD. I also had my leather jacket fitted.

If you have any question let me know.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013, 03:25 PM by 007 Game.)
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
RE: Hong Kong - players heaven (mini datasheet)
HK is probably the most appealing city to me in East Asia. Tokyo being second, followed by Seoul and Shanghai.

HK sounds expensive. How much did going out at night cost?
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Nudge Offline
Stowaway

I had quite a different experience in Hong Kong. Found LKF nightlife really expensive and pretty lame to be honest. Just loads of ex-pat banker wankers and generic top 40 bar/clubs. Lots of tourists and exchange students but the locals were pretty ug and not very friendly. Tried Wan Chai but it was dead aside from whores and seedy old dudes.

In saying that though I was pretty new to going dolo then so probably didnt make the most of it.
01-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
007 Game Offline

Afghanistan

Hey,

About the local girls - I must agree. Ugly ugly ugly. There are some beautiful girls, like everywhere else, but most local girls are just ugly. I'm not sure what you mean by "expensive". Most bars are free entrance, even on the weekend, or are just one drink minimum. There is a 7 Eleven around the corner where you can buy booze and then drink it in the street. HK night life CAN be expensive, but it can also be totally free.

Hotel are very expensive. It's not a backpackers destination... also - I might have been a little "high" (on happiness) while writing this post, maybe "heaven" is a too strong word. But for someone with money and game, Hong Kong is an excellent location for a 7-10 days trip.

01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Nudge Offline
Stowaway

Yeah I guess I meant the drinks in the bars/clubs were expensive. Im a bit of a boozehound so it hit me hard. 10-12 USD a pint I remember or thereabouts. I also made the mistake of going into some shithouse club one of the nights paying 50USD to get in.

I have no doubt with some coin you could smash the place up though. I had an awesome night on my last night there. Overall it just wasnt for me.
01-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Find Reply