Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swag vs Class
[-]
  •
Mirage Offline
Gunner

Swag vs Class
What are your thoughts on this phenomenon?

So I was on facebook for the first time in a while and I've noticed that this SWAG shit has really started to catch on. The snapbacks, the lack of style and the promotion of being a completely uneducated idiot.

I'm a believer in "classy" but i've noticed that classy seems to have more pull in certain places than it does in others. For example, in Australia being "classy" could work against you, but in Colombia to have swag would have you stereotyped as a rat (low class criminals).

Are you more of a chameleon who adapts to the dominant popular style of a location or are you the one who holds your own and stands out? I'm the latter, you would not catch me in a snapback if my life depended on it, but i've noticed that most people will just follow like sheep to slaughter!
01-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mixx Offline
Jedi-Master Mixx

Afghanistan
RE: Swag vs Class
(01-12-2013, 07:45 AM)Mirage Wrote: Australia being "classy" could work against you, but in Colombia to have swag would have you stereotyped as a rat (low class criminals).

It depends on what kind of SWAG you are talking about. If by swag you mean guys who dress ghetto and like wannabe reggaton thugs, then yes, you are perceived ot be lower class by the stratus 5/6 crowd. However, if you have swag, like Ne-Yo, Usher or Enrique Iglesias, then you'll never be put into the low-class category in Colombia, rather the "creido" (conceited) category.

I assume you are in Bogota, the worst fucking city in my opinion to get a feel for Colombia, those rolos don't know what swag is if Hitch himself slapped them in the face with it.

Colombian men in general, are complete pussies when it comes to gaming women (before they have sex). They are brought up to have their umbilical cords attached to their mommies well into their mid 30's and kiss a womans ass to get in her pants and are the neediest bunch of men I have ever seen - making a guy like Hitch seem to be a "grosero" merely because they are not used to confident men, but rather, kiss-ass, needy men.

Colombia game threads a fine line between being smooth and not come off as "rude" because you are confident - something they are just not used to if tehy have never travelled outside of Colombia. What works best with Colombian women is just be a guy who can demonstrate to her you are playful, carefree, and show her a good time dancing and drinking - that's pretty much it. The sex is accomplished by your ability to lead to make-out and have a fuck-pad nearby she can go to for "one last drink".

Mixx

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM by Mixx.)
01-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
I awlays adapt to the city / venue. One night you might see me out button down / slacks and the next rocking wild graphic T and a fitted.
01-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Mirage Offline
Gunner

"What works best with Colombian women is just be a guy who can demonstrate to her you are playful, carefree, and show her a good time dancing and drinking - that's pretty much it"

Thats me to the tee, I love to party and I've done quite well from it. The nightlife has a bit to be desired for though.

I won't even get started on the men, i'm yet to come across one that is not an epic pain in the ass whilst trying to game, especially whilst out at night.

Swag/Class
I'm more referring more to the social phenomenon of how some countries women value complete opposites of what makes sense. For example in Australia the "tradie" in the city (if you could call it a city) where I come from, has a higher natural social status than the guys who have class and work jobs like finance etc. Its a strange place and so far the only place i've experienced this reverse trend, everywhere else class = higher social status. (excluding celebrities, can't say there are many in Aus.)
01-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
gavinmadden Offline
Gunner

(01-12-2013, 06:31 PM)Mirage Wrote: "What works best with Colombian women is just be a guy who can demonstrate to her you are playful, carefree, and show her a good time dancing and drinking - that's pretty much it"

Thats me to the tee, I love to party and I've done quite well from it. The nightlife has a bit to be desired for though.

I won't even get started on the men, i'm yet to come across one that is not an epic pain in the ass whilst trying to game, especially whilst out at night.

Swag/Class
I'm more referring more to the social phenomenon of how some countries women value complete opposites of what makes sense. For example in Australia the "tradie" in the city (if you could call it a city) where I come from, has a higher natural social status than the guys who have class and work jobs like finance etc. Its a strange place and so far the only place i've experienced this reverse trend, everywhere else class = higher social status. (excluding celebrities, can't say there are many in Aus.)

'Tradies' in Aus generally have higher status because on average they earn more $$$ than office workers and are seen as more alpha.

It would also depend on the bar/club you go to in Aus
Sex. Travel. Freedom.
To visit my blog go to : http://www.gavinmadden26.com
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 02:01 PM by gavinmadden.)
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Find Reply