• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Chic Vid] Israel vs Palestine
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
RE: [Chic Vid] Israel vs Palestine
Don worry VoV, the world hates muslims much more than jews.
04-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Scots too.

Paddies right up there too for me.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 01:19 AM by Sexiback.)
04-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rick91 Offline
Lieutenant

United Kingdom
How can you hate Irish and Scottish people what is wrong with you have you not seen Braveheart. We are the good guys.
04-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

(04-09-2013, 05:48 PM)Sexyback Wrote: As for jewish people thinking everyone is against them or hates them... it's that siege mentality. You can't really blame them given how history transpired but it's definitely not how things are today. It's just kinda a drag though when there's always that israeli person who thinks they need to use their elbows all the time.

I guess that's what living in a dessert surrounded by enemies does to you. It's not helping them though. I have a close palestine friend who is originally from gaza and the shit that goes down there you don't want to know. There's a lot israel could do to show some good will without jeopardising it's own security but won't because they're just too stubborn and the political system too ineffective and gridlocked.

Technically 20 years of relative calm might allow israel and palestine to come to the negotiating table, but in truth all the radicals have so many children, both the orthodox and the palestenians, that moderate modern voices (and people like VoV) will be hopeless outnumbered by then. In short, it's a huge clusterfuck. And they're all running out of water as well. Maybe that'll stop them having so many kids though. Gaza is the place with the highest population density in the world after like HK and Macao.

Bad shit has happened to a lot of people in the past especially during wars. The Jews take it to a whole new level of looking for sympathy. You'd think they were the only people in the world treated badly the way they go on.

They do themselves no favours with their actions then plead that they are the victims. Sure. Try treating your neighbours like human beings and maybe you'd make some progress.

Even the seemingly sane Israelis that I've met on my travels have since shown themselves to be brainwashed idiots with some of the idiotic nonsense I've seen them post on Facebook. During the recent conflicts I was appalled by some of the comments and pictures they were posting. Like I could not fucking believe anyone who wasn't some brain dead, racist, moron would post that shit. I told them so too, they told me I "didn't get it". Only Israelis seem to get it. The rest of the world is deluded and against them, obviously.

(04-09-2013, 06:14 PM)Vic Wrote: No, the world is not against us:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/380329/iran-...-bbc-poll/

We are up there with Iran and North Korea, the most totalitarian radical fucked up nations in the world, and it has nothing to do politics but with Antisemitism which is the same reason 6 million Jews could be gassed in Auschwitz a short 70 years ago and nobody gave a fuck.

Blah blah blah

Why do people always pick on North Korea? They don't do shit to anyone apart from maybe their own people but countless Governments around the world do similar or worse and no one gives a shit. They had a war with their neighbours years ago then the whole words been against them since. They don't attack countries, they don't carry out terrorism acts, they just do what they can to protect themselves.

Saying no one cares about the haulocaust is just stupidity VoV and you know it. People around the world have done more to care about that than just about any other major even in the world.

Oh and I don't engage the Israeli travellers in debates about politics so they've no need to defend themselves. They ALWAYS bring it up and try and get everyone else into arguments about it. Or they ask what they pretend is an innocent question like "So what do you think / know about Israel?" and when you try to answer they start their shit. Before you know it WW3 is breaking out.

04-10-2013, 03:06 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
Wow, Rocking, you're quite a ...generalist. I'm Jewish, not an Israeli, and I'd fairly say that nothing that you've said describes anyone in my family. I would drop the "they" shit, there are assholes all over the world, of every race and persuasion. Plenty in Israel, and plenty in Scotland I'm sure.

There is plenty of anti-semitism left in the world, as well as anti-islamism, anti-christianity, and any other religious mythology you can think of. And there have been plenty of genocides in the last 100 years, not just of Jews, gays, and gypsies in Europe (e.g., Cambodia's self-genocide). But for people to be spouting this ignorance - if you don't like one person, or a group of people for what they do, fine. But generalizing an entire population for the sake of winning an argument? I suggest you stick to talking about PUA.
Oh, and btw, I designed a bit charity give for my employer for Gaza. Because what's going on there doesn't have to continue. Saner heads can, and hopefully will, prevail. I don't abide people starving out children.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM by G_global.)
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
(04-10-2013, 04:18 PM)G_global Wrote: Wow, Rocking, you're quite a ...generalist. I'm Jewish, not an Israeli, and I'd fairly say that nothing that you've said describes anyone in my family. I would drop the "they" shit, there are assholes all over the world, of every race and persuasion. Plenty in Israel, and plenty in Scotland I'm sure.

There is plenty of anti-semitism left in the world, as well as anti-islamism, anti-christianity, and any other religious mythology you can think of. And there have been plenty of genocides in the last 100 years, not just of Jews, gays, and gypsies in Europe (e.g., Cambodia's self-genocide). But for people to be spouting this ignorance - if you don't like one person, or a group of people for what they do, fine. But generalizing an entire population for the sake of winning an argument? I suggest you stick to talking about PUA.
Oh, and btw, I designed a bit charity give for my employer for Gaza. Because what's going on there doesn't have to continue. Saner heads can, and hopefully will, prevail. I don't abide people starving out children.

**Should say Big Charity Give, not Bit. Don't want to provide RF ammo saying that I'm a cheap jew who only gives small amounts of money to those in need whilst pursuing a career in philanthropy. Tongue
04-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:Wow, Rocking, you're quite a ...generalist. I'm Jewish, not an Israeli, and I'd fairly say that nothing that you've said describes anyone in my family. I would drop the "they" shit, there are assholes all over the world, of every race and persuasion. Plenty in Israel, and plenty in Scotland I'm sure.

Yes of course I'm generalising but I've yet to meet one who wasn't like I've described.
04-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Zolo Offline
El Capitan

Malta
In my experience, Israeli chicks in Jerusalem have pretty bad attitudes. I think the military service makes them forget they have vaginas. I don't remember seeing a pair of high heels and a dress/skirt the whole night. I hear Tel Aviv is WAY better..
The Blog: naughtynomad.com Wink
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: @naughtynomad
04-11-2013, 02:03 AM
Website Find Reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Lionel's post:
  • 007 Game, G_global
Lionel Offline
Stowaway

So I've been to Israel quite a few times. I'm a Gentile. I lived there for extended periods during the summer months and did also go there for a year abroad, mostly in Tel Aviv but I also went for quick visits to Haifa and similar places.

What I can say about the Jewish state is that it's very communal and they have a very strong sense of destiny. The entire 'the world is against us' mindset is very strong all across the society. For Holocaust Memorial Day they all have a minute or two in total silence - all across the country. Even on the highways, people step out of their cars all over the country. It's very powerful - and, as a Gentile, I'd say impressive.

I didn't go to Israel to get laid, I went because I was curious. Still, my impression is that as a Gentile guy from Sweden, with no knowledge of Hebrew whatsoever, it wasn't very hard to be accepted if you were willing to get to know people. I met a lot of Jewish girls via social circles and got laid very quickly, almost by happenstance.

I can say that as a guy it's much easier if you're Gentile than as a girl. Israeli Jews have big families, even secular Jews. The fertility rate among secular Jews is above replacement-rate(2.1). The overall fertility rate for all Jews is over 3.0, but remember that there's a growing Haredi(ultra-Orthodox) population too. In NYC, Haredi Jews comproise about 20% of the adult population among Jews. Their children, however, are about 60% in NYC alone of all Jewish children(and this is defined as up to 18 years old. Among new-borns, it's even higher).

The dynamic is same in Israel, so there's a lot of tension between the secular and pretty Westernised Jews in places like Tel Aviv and much more conservative Jews in places like Jerusalem. Even so, I've found secular Jews to be much more observant of Jewish traditions than most Jews I've met in Western nations, especially in America. This means that it's harder, as I alluded to earlier, if you're a girl and want to date a Jewish guy, because Jewishness is passed on through the mother's side(yes, some progressive denominations, like reform in America recognize you if you're Jewish on your father's side but in Israel the Orthodox hold all the power over marriage and conversion and similar matters so it doesn't fly there.).

But if you're a Gentile man who dates an Israeli Jewish girl and you two get serious and decide to have children, they will be automatically be Jewish and it's also a lot easier in the law than it would if the woman was a Gentile and the man was an Israeli Jew. They would probably need to convert to Judaism even if they were born in Israel to a Jewish father(!).

You might say, well, I don't care about starting a family. And of course. But the reason I point it out is because Israeli Jews in particular are so family-conscious, dating is seen in a serious light. Note the word: dating, not one-night stands. But even ONS are harder to get, in my opinion, with higher-quality women unless you go social circle and that usually means you have to date them or at least be seen as someone they could date. The Gentile girls I've met have had a MUCH harder time to date Jewish guys due to this dynamic.
It might sound weird and I could explain it in more nuanced ways, but as you'll soon notice I'm writing so much that I have to skip out a lot of stuff. But if anyone wants some clarification I can do a follow-up post.

I did find that Israelis are super-sensitive to politics, and I think that the Jews on this board probably share some of that sentiment. Israel is, in their own words, being 'delegitimised'. We can argue the merits of that argument, how much of it is due to legit shitty behaviour(like illegally occupying, say, 4 million people against their will. Or having racial marriage laws inside green-line Israel that allows an Israeli Jew to marry an American Jew but doesn't allow an Israeli Arab, who was born in Israel and holds citizenship, to marry a Palestinian Arab. Remember, Israeli Jews are obsessed about demography in Israel, fear of being 'overrun' by the Arab/muslim hordes etc. Not unlike young, white Europeans, mostly men, who increasingly share that sentiment about Muslim immigrants in Europe. Which many explain by Israel is more popular among my demographic rather than the older European crowd. But I disgress).

I mostly stayed out of the discussions and I found this to be the best route. I genuinely liked most Israelis I met, Jewish and non-Jewish alike. I mostly had sex with Jewish women, particularly sephardi/mizrahi women, but among the younger generations, intra-Ashkenazi/Sephardi marriage has increased by a lot so the Middle-Eastern/European mixed-blood women were very cute.

As for the guys, well, they are very direct but also social. They have a repuation for being 'aggressive' but I think that isn't the case. They're just very open and honest with you. Two Jews and three opinions and all that. But aggressive to me bears connotations to 'douchy' or similar things but I never found that. If you're upfront and honest with them, they usually respect you for your opinions. I remember seeing two Israeli men shouting an entire conversation across the street from each other. People cut lines and stuff. Everyone is paranoid about being a 'freier'(basically a 'sucker', someone easily fooled) so this can lead to pretty hilarious social interactions.

My recommendation for anyone planning to go to Israel is to have a deeper knowledge about the situation. You can be quite critical of some Israeli policies, but as long as you know your shit, not just about Israel but about Jews in general, their history(and the Holocaust doesn't count, we all know about that), culture and religion, people will like you. However, I didn't go in with "Israel is a bad country and shouldn't exist". If I did, I wouldn't have gone in the first place and if you carry that attitude, people will shun you. And why wouldn't they?

As for best places to party, Tel Aviv is great, I think. But that's a given. Haifa was okay too, Ashdod was decent. Jerusalem is much more tricky but there are secular spots, but even secular Jews are being 'driven out' by the ultra-Orthodox in Jerusalem.

I was with a mixed crowd. There's a significant black Jewish population, from Ethiopia. Many of those girls were cute and are usually very receptive towards Western men. The Israeli Arab women were more varied. Some were hardcore muslims and basically that killed any interest on my part, but I did get two lays, mostly due to luck via social game(through a Jewish girl I knew from before who were friends with them). So again, remember I'm talking from a frame where most of what I did was social game and I wasn't there primarily to get laid. If you were to go there for a shorter burst and just have as much sex as possible I'm not sure if anything I have just written would be useful, but I'm not sure if Israel is such a great place to just go in, bang bang and go out. As I said, it's a very tight-knit place but once you get to know people, they're friendly towards you. I heard all bad stuff about Israelis from tourists and people who met them so I thought they'd hated all outsiders but that wasn't my experience.

Aside from that, there's also a strong Anglo-Jewish presence and many Russian Jews. It's a very ethnically driven society, even among Jews. The barriers have gone down quite a lot in the last 20 years but still.
I found Anglo-Jewish girls to be super-easy to open. Many will relish the chance to talk to a fluent English speaker who's from a Western background(I'm Swedish but my accent is basically American and I speak at a high level).

There's also slight discrimination and/or low-status conferred to many Anglos who are seen as lazy, often half-heartedly learning the language(Hebrew) and self-segregating too much with other Anglos. But again, Israel is a society that is at once very communal and at the same time very divided, even among Jews. There's a lot of racism against black Jews too, many openly question if they're "even Jewish", even against Russian Jews too(but to be fair, after the Soviet Union fell, many Russian women who were married to Jewish men went with them to Israel and quite a few of Gentile-Gentile marriages even went along too. A recent study, not sure how serious it is, found that 50% or so of Russians in Israel were not halachically Jewish(meaning Jewish by the mother's origin or formally converted via an Orthodox process).

And then there's the whole traditional Ashkenazi/Mizrahi history of distrust, with the Ashkenazi being on top and Mizrahi being at the bottom due to early discrimination after tons of Mizrahi Jews immigrated after being, in most cases, ethnically cleansed by the time the 1948 war came about.

My point in saying all this is that it's useful to be aware of these racial dynamics. Aware but not completly chained by them, they're constraints but not deadlocks if that makes sense. They're in the background and you should be able to navigate them before coming to Israel if you want to have some success at least and not be type-cast as a clueless tourist with a lot of opinions and little knowledge of the place. Again, for me, social circles made it very easy to meet high-quality girls, most of them Jewish. But that requires getting on alright with Jewish dudes which in turn means besides being a generally cool guy to hang out, you had to know your shit about the place.

I've been there several times, each time for around 3 months to 6 months. I haven't picked up Hebrew because I don't think it's worth the long-term investment but I can carry casual conversations which help. Still, I study high tech stuff so I interned (and later got employment for some time) at several of their very respectable start-ups and made good money. For a full-time professional, you can make wages that are very competitive by Western standards and you can get by mostly by English in that workplace, so if you're good with computers/tech it's definitely a viable place to work. You can also scrap by in a Kibbutz but it should be seen mostly as an intro to the rest of the country. It doesn't pay well, but again, good for that initial foot if you really want to work there for longer durations of time and get to know the place better for, say, a year or two.

A word about security: If you're Arab-looking, you'll have problems at the airport. They are unashamed about racial profiling. Also, if you have a history of left-wing activism, you might run into problems since many of the left-wingers go to Israel to go to the West Bank and do voluntary work, help against IDF bulldozers razing their villages etc. Being Jewish doesn't help if that's your background.

Also, final notes. I'm blond, blue-eyed and never had any problems, which I didn't except, but if anything, I found it did help a little bit.
Most Jews in Israel are brown-headed and/or have a darker skin(since there are more Mizrahis/Sephardic Jews there than Ashkenazi Jews) except for the Russian emigrants and a some Ashkenazis(I'm not counting fake blondes here), so I did find many Jewish women were receptive towards that, which surprised me. I guess it's the same pattern as in Sweden, where being blond is so common it's not very exotic. A handsome Sephardi Jewish man would be rated as very attractive in Sweden, I think. And I did find it to be appreciated, many Jewish women did comment unwarranted.

If you're black, I'm not sure Israel is a great place. There's issues with Sudanese illegal immigrants(or to use the PC-term, 'undocumented workers'), as usual crime is the primary concern. As I also alluded to, black Jews have low status in the society. I'm not sure if you'd be attacked or anything like that, that sounds unlikely. I'm also not sure and frankly doubtful if people would lash out against you verbally. But I'm pretty sure that there would be a silent bias against you. Some countries, like Australia and certianly Sweden are neutral or even easier if you're black(but in Sweden that's changing since we have somali refugees/asylum immigrants similar to the Israeli/Sudanese one).

I don't think Israel's such a place for a black guy. Of course, that's for the general Jewish female population. But if you're American, that, as always, help. And if you hang out with left-wing Ashkenazi Jewish women, being a black guy from the U.S. might even be a plus. Many of them have this guilt-complex about what Israel is and how it behaves etc and are usually very pro-American, in touch with American pop culture so if you choose your venue you might actually find it easier(I'd suggest a similar dynamic exists in Sweden but with a generally higher tolerance/acceptance of blacks among the general population and not just urban, young left-wing women).

As for Latinos, I don't think it'd be a problem. You'll lose some exoticism, I think, but I'd say pretty neutral. If you're a Middle-Eastern guy from the West, it's more complex. If you're pretty Westernised and don't bring up politics, it shouldn't be a problem. But many Middle Eastern guys I've met refuse to even visit Israel(many are even active boycotters) so I think that advice falls on deaf ears.

All in all, Israel's a good place to be, but be mindful I come from a position of (relative) privilege due to the fact that I held high-status jobs, was generally integrated among the local population and was apparently rates as somewhat 'exotic' due to fair-skin, blond and clear blue eyes. It's not like being all that in the middle of a rural village in China, but it does help somewhat. Also, due to racial dynamics within Israel(blacks and Arabs at the bottom, white Jews at the top) I suppose that also helped somewhat. But as I said earlier, racial dynamics are a constraint but not a set-limit. If you got game and you're, say, black and choose your venue you'll be very successful in Israel, as anywhere else. But if you want to choose from a wider variety of women AND high-quality women(esp high-quality Jewish women) then you won't generally be able to pull the in-and-out thing. At least in my opinion, but maybe one of you can prove me wrong!

(Okay that was an epic post but I just went with it and half-way I just said, fuck it, let's finish it. And so it was.)
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 02:40 PM by Lionel.)
04-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
G_global Offline
Lieutenant

Philippines
^^ Awesome post Lionel. Nothing more to say than that. We can all shut up now. If anyone's interested, there is an interesting article on Beitar Jerusalem soccer and how the fan base reflects the cultural anti-arab issue (and related ignorance amongst some) in Israel, in response to Beitar acquiring two Chechen muslim players. I'm sure a google search will find the article - might have been on Grantland.com.
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

You're right VoV. Palestenians don't even exist.

Those 1.7 mio people? They're not even there. The rest of the world has made them up to make Israel and Jews to look bad.

The attitude you're displaying is exactly why the rest of the world complains about israeli policies and also why this conflict will not come to an end anytime soon. You're completely oblivious to the suffering that is going on.

Let's look at the life of a normal guy born in the Gaza strip, no political affiliations, no interest in faith or politics whatsoever. This guy struggles to get a highschool education past grad 9. Maybe he's lucky and gets into some israeli program, in any case, after 18, there is no education you can get in Gaza. You have to move abroad. Only, since you're stateless most states are very hesitant about letting you into their country, let alone board flights to their country. Eastern european countries and scandinavia are you only option, next to maybe Pakistan and India. If you're fortunate enough to get a degree, getting a job is a whole nother matter, since you are stateless you have no immigration status and no work permit. Maybe eventually, after seeking asylum (3-5 years later) you manage to get a work permit and make a life for yourself in say... Germany. Of course getting Czech diplomas recognised by german authority is bitch, you need to have them all translated and all of that costs money. Now, say your mother in Gaza becomes very sick. Your impulse is to fly home. How are you going to do that? Israel or Jordan don't let you into the country. Your only option is egypt. You book a flight, you get there for a two week holiday and you realise the bording crossing has been closed indefinitely by either the egyptians or IDF, so you go back home. But who cares anyway? You had no permission to enter Gaza because you need to apply 6 months in advance to some Hamas office back in Gaza to authorise your entry into Gaza. The few official papers you had you had to send to that official in the original and you haven't heard back from them in 4 months. That's how it goes.

Most palestenians don't give a shit about jews or israel. They just want a fair shot at life. And as it stands, they're not getting it.
04-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Find Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sexiback's post:
  • G_global
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

See this is what I mean, you excuse the shortcomings of your country and it's policies by saying elsewhere it's worse. And you're plain wrong. Living in Gaza has been worse for the past 10 years than it has been in Lebanon or Egypt.

That's why this will never sort itself out. Both sides, so deadset on not giving in an inch or admiting to any fault or blame.

The other arab countries don't want all what you call so called Palestinians. They treat them like shit, just like the Israelis do.

That quote you're quoting, what is the context? What was he saying otherwise? Maybe trying to rallly support amongst other countries hmm?

Just think about it VoV, while you were enjoying being a teenager there's some kind 30 miles further south who can't get an education or travel anywhere.

You're sort of doubting they want the exact land israel is on. Well, they do. They too have lived there for ages.
04-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Do you have any Palestinian friends that you regularly hang out with?

I do. What "they" say is a lot different than what you claim "they" say. They're regular people like you and I. That's the problem, the so called political and military elite, the whole political scene is a shambles, gaza with the hamas, in the west bank with the corrupt authority, in israel and all the surrounding countries bar maybe Jordan. Your country is run by ex generals who have to please the orthodox radicals because they rely on them for votes. That is why Israel still thinks they can find a solution that involves walls, barbed wire and missiles.

You really need to stop accusing everyone who is critical of Israel of antisemitism. It's uber lame. I'm aware of the persecution of jews all over the world all through history. My point is exactly that, because you have been mistreated for so long you've become (naturally) paranoid about it. But your country and people need to snap out of that thinking. It's harming you and holding you back.

The west expects more of Israel than of the surrounding countries because you can talk to Israel. You can call them up and there is a more or less democratically elected government to talk to. You can't talk to Hamas or Hezbollah, they're crazies. But occupation doesn't work in the long run. It never has. History has taught us that too.

I can't believe an intelligent person like you would justify all of your countries policies and actions over the last 15 years with radical soundbites.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 09:18 PM by Sexiback.)
04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Israelis are brainwashed more than North Koreans.

I love how you think it's Israel's right to decide the future of Palestine. To decide what they can and can't do. To decide how they should live. To decide what they can and can't have access to.

Who the fuck are you to decide that?

Seems you're a typical Israeli traveller VoV. They all spout this shit, it's all "woe is me the whole worlds against us" all with the same brainwashed nonsense and the attitude that you're better than all your neighbours. Blaming everything on them and claiming you guys do nothing wrong.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 11:24 PM by RockingForever.)
04-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Thanks for repeating the same brainwashed shit that every other Israeli has been repeating for decades.
04-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Find Reply