Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hangovers
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Hangovers
(04-29-2013, 09:44 PM)Flying_Dutchman Wrote: Reading all these suggestions, I think the best would be to order a glass of water with/after each glass of alcohol. This should help a lot.

Anyone ever tried this?

No mostly because I'm a man and men don't have soft drinks on nights out.

(04-29-2013, 09:52 PM)Sexyback Wrote: Guys if you don't want to risk hangovers, just don't drink excessively, get buzzed, then stop.

Like thay's possible. Everyone knows when you're drunk all you want to do is get more drunk or you're too drunk to even realize that you are drunk.

(04-29-2013, 10:39 PM)Sexyback Wrote: it's not that hard, next hangover you have, go into the bathroom, turn on full light, take a picture of yourself, print it, put it between your money. Once you decide it's time for shots after you're sufficiently buzzed you'll see that picture between your cash and wisely decide to just get a beer and drink it slowly rather than to do vodka shots.

Most hangover body- and headache is indeed caused by dehydration. But you're already pissing buckets when you're drinking, you might as well move your party to the mens room.

What the fuck is this nonsense. Taking pictures of yourself when hungover to store in your wallet? I'll pass thanks.

Valium.
04-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

You're more of a man-child by the sound of it, if you can't control behaviour that you know has adverse effects on you.

Personally I just stop, I know my feel-good limit and then I switch to tonic water and leave away the gin. This is the adult way to do it and most people figure this is out in their early to mid twenties. What I suggested was a clutch reminder, you might as well tie a knot in your handkerchief or write a big fat reminder on your phone to stop drinking.

Bottom line is, if you find yourself binge drinking every or every other weekend you have an alcohol addiction even if you aren't ready to face up to it. If you want to get yourself drunk you're an alcoholic.

As for valium and other benzodiazepine drugs they are intended for use of 2-3 weeks and themselves are addictive. So now you're looking at alcoholism and drugs dependence?

That's not manly, that's just loser.
04-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

You drink gin and tonic in the pub? People get glassed for less in my local.

I drink often but I'm rarely drunk. Maybe once a month and most of the time not so drunk that it's much of a problem so I don't have hangovers that frequently but when I do they are brutal. Someone who just drinks every weekend doesn't have an alcohol addiction. If it was every day then yes but not once or twice per week.

I've taken valium on and off for years for hangovers, sleeps, drug comedowns, bad trips, flights, long bus and train journeys when travelling and I've never had addictions problems with them. When I run out of them it's not an issue. Haven't had any for ages, wouldn't mind some though very useful thing to have around.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2013, 03:48 AM by RockingForever.)
05-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Well, I don't spend my weekend evenings at the pub. Pubs saturday sunday lunchtime footy time to me. But by modern WHO definition people who get drunk every weekend are alcoholics, as also is my own mother who has a glass and half of red every single day of the year, claiming it's for appetite. There are lots of different types of alcoholism, not all require a person to be a bum and passed out under some bench wearing those fingerless mittens, not all require you to get drunk.

Nothing wrong with taking benzos every now and then for a day or two to sleep, sober up or against anxiety. Prolonged use leads to a psychological dependence though.
05-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
JohnShade Offline
Stowaway

I used to live in a 5 star hotel for 3 years and it was equipped with a sauna and a lap pool. I'd have a 1liter bottle of water on stand by in the freezer.

Within 10 minutes of being in the sauna while sipping on cold water, the hangover would be gone.

I then would swim for about 10 minutes and do a hot and cold routine. By the end of it, I felt better and more alive than when I was sober.

Kind of dangerous though since Hangovers help you from being a drunken ass-hole 24/7
05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:Pubs saturday sunday lunchtime footy time to me

You sitting in the pub watching the football with your gin and tonic is quite the picture.

For the record gin and tonic is alright, sloe gin even better, but I'd never drink it in the pub.

Quote:But by modern WHO definition people who get drunk every weekend are alcoholics, as also is my own mother who has a glass and half of red every single day of the year, claiming it's for appetite.

Fuck modern definitions. Unless you're getting pissed every day or almost every day I don't think it's something to worry about. Even one glass of wine a day if you actually stick to one glass doesn't seem like an issue to me, assuming it's actually one normal sized glass. I know someone who has a 'couple' of glasses every night with a meal...a couple being a whole bottle because they drink it in such large glasses

It's like binge drinking is classed as anything more than 3 drinks in one sessions, hardly call that a binge.
05-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Sexiback Offline
Lieutenant

Dayum, I sure regret stating I exclusively drank gin at the pub (...?).

However I did say I don't get drunk on beer, and not at the pub because drinking 4+ pints is just too many calories for me/a substitute for food in the middle ofthe day.

As for the modern definition, think what you may, but if you're an airline pilot/bus driver/surgeon/what have you, the modern definition of alcoholism apply and you may be held accountable. 3 drinks isn't a binge. Getting drunk in episodes is, like every friday night.
05-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Ali-B Offline
Gunner

Coconut H2O is the best single remedy for a hangover I've found so far, and I have tried everything. If you can stomach it a glass of 1/2 light beer, 1/2 tomato juice provides some hair of the dog. I don't advocate alcohol in the morning though. Your liver needs to finish processing from the night before, and heal. It sucks balls but a cold shower in the morning is great too. Start out cool, and gradually turn it colder. It seems to force the toxins out quicker.

Now that G_Global mentions hangovers worsening due to poor liver function I'll be shitting bricks the rest of the day. Confused
05-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Jesssmart Offline
Stowaway

Personally,  I've always believed that the best way to fight alcohol is to replace it with something. I don't know what or how. But just quitting by itself is out of the question, considering, that doing so leaves a hole that is itching to be refilled. So fill the hole with something else. Read this article https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/tr...-drinking/ . It can help too
09-01-2019, 01:08 AM
Find Reply