Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to make a website.....
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

RE: Want to make a website.....
For fun? In what sense will spending months building a website, creating content and getting traffic be fun?

If you're building a website that you plan to make money from then by all means spend that time on it otherwise you'd be better off spending your time on something else because building websites really isn't 'fun'.
05-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(05-17-2013, 04:34 AM)007 Game Wrote: If its for fun - do it. Don't listen to Rocking and his negativity.

I'm going, for fun, to start my own elite swingers member only club / group website, and I don't care if I'll burn $20, 000 in the process. I'll organize parties around the world and will select the participants.

That's sex 4.0. Berlusconi style.

Trust me, was never gonna listen to RF to begin with. lol

He cant seem to grasp that some people like a challenge and wouldnt mind spending hours building a website for their own joy, pleasure, and satisfaction.

05-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Let us know how long it takes you to get bored of it and give up because you couldn't get any traffic or interest. You can join the ranks of 99% of other websites on the internet that people abandon because they didn't have a clue how to run them and no one gave a fuck.
05-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
(05-17-2013, 09:33 AM)RockingForever Wrote: Let us know how long it takes you to get bored of it and give up because you couldn't get any traffic or interest. You can join the ranks of 99% of other websites on the internet that people abandon because they didn't have a clue how to run them and no one gave a fuck.

And?

Wont be the first thing I get bored with and damn sure wont be the last.

I do what I want, which changes daily. If I want to make a site, ill make a site.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM by Dash.)
05-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

You go Dash, show the internet who the boss is! Wink

Best of luck with your site hope you prove me wrong and it's a raring success. Just trying to make you see the realities of running a successful site and to re-think your idea as I don't think it has much of an audience.

P.S.
The best advice you can ever have is to start building an email list as soon as your site starts. Don't put it off and say you'll do it later as later you will 100% regret not having built one. It's essential you can keep in touch with your visitors / customers whenever you want, drives traffic to your site, is great for making easy sales to people already interested in your stuff and means you're not reliant on Google or anything else for your traffic so much.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 10:00 AM by RockingForever.)
05-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Find Reply