• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting a Keto Diet
[-]
  •
Dash Offline
Los Mas Suelto

South Korea
Starting a Keto Diet
About to start a 2 month Keto diet. If you dont know its when you eat very little carbs (30-50g a day) and mostly fat and protein. Fat loss with this diet is retarded.

I should lose 20 pounds in 2 months while retaining my muscle.

I am 190 pounds now with about 20% bf.

Diet and exercise has been shit the last 1-2 years. Decided to get motivated and get back into shape.

I am dreading the first couple of weeks when your body is adjusting, brain drain, and carb cravings.

Fuarkkkk
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 11:24 PM by Dash.)
05-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
jhon cena Offline
Banned

RE: Starting a Keto Diet
Brilliant idea! Is this the first?Shaday Morris
05-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Rad11 Offline
Deckhand

Good luck Dash, keep us informed how you are getting on with this diet.
06-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
Deborah Offline
Banned

This keto diet strategy is quite good, all the necessary proteins and nutritions are included in your diet even you are on a diet it's the best thing in this.
06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

(05-31-2013, 11:18 PM)Dash Wrote: About to start a 2 month Keto diet. If you dont know its when you eat very little carbs (30-50g a day) and mostly fat and protein. Fat loss with this diet is retarded.

I should lose 20 pounds in 2 months while retaining my muscle.

I am 190 pounds now with about 20% bf.

Diet and exercise has been shit the last 1-2 years. Decided to get motivated and get back into shape.

I am dreading the first couple of weeks when your body is adjusting, brain drain, and carb cravings.

Fuarkkkk

First couple of weeks is always the worst. I get carb flu really bad but then energy picks up. I have been doing a lot better lately with intermittent fasting.
I let my body fat creep up to around 18% and 222 pounds. I am down to 205 12 or 13% almost popping abbs and still getting stronger. Biggest thing that can burn muscle is to much cardio. I stick to no more then 45 minutes of cardio ever. Mixed between steady state and HIIT. Girls love a body that's for sure. It gets harder as you age so getting in shape as young as possible and maintaining is important.

Intermittent fasting can also put your hormone levels through the roof!

One problem with a Keto diet is you can lose a lot of water weight that just comes right back on. I lose a lot of water with ECA also. I will drop about 4 to 5 pounds of water the first week. 2 days off and it's right back. Only bonus is ECA gets my fat burn to about 2 to 3 pounds per week. I love exercise, it is as close to a fountain of youth we will ever have.
06-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
RockingForever Offline
Lieutenant

Quote:I have been doing a lot better lately with intermittent fasting.

This intermittent fasting stuff in the 'manosphere' (cringe, cringe, cringe) cracks me up. I keep seeing blog posts about guys talking about how they only eat within a 8-10hr period every day and it's an intermittent fast...isn't that what a normal human being does every single day of their life?

They get up at 7/8am eat breakfast, have lunch at some point mid day and then eat dinner at 5-6pm and then don't eat until the next day. That's about a 10hr period where they eat and then don't eat for the rest of the time...mostly because they are sleeping. It's called life and not 'intermittent fasting' aka a keyword / fad made up by internet marketers who wanted to sell gullible guys programs, diet plans and products.

Personally I don't try to do 'intermittent fasting' or any other sort of fasting but regularly don't eat for 18-24hrs (if not more) multiple times a week without even trying...it just happens.

I sleep late, I'm not hungry when I wake up ever regardless of time of day, then before I know it's dinner time so I eat a big dinner and before I know it it's late at night / early at morning again and it seems pointless to eat so I go to sleep and the cycle continues.

It's easy as shit and doesn't make me feel any different from when I eat 3 x a day.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2013, 11:50 AM by RockingForever.)
06-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
iliekmilk Offline
Gunner

Afghanistan
I recommend Lyle Mcdonald's "The Ketogenic Diet".
06-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
[-]
  •
threesacharm Offline
Lieutenant

This intermittent fasting stuff in the 'manosphere' (cringe, cringe, cringe) cracks me up. I keep seeing blog posts about guys talking about how they only eat within a 8-10hr period every day and it's an intermittent fast...isn't that what a normal human being does every single day of their life?

There is more to it then that. For good results you need to be training hard. For instance I carb cycle now. So I eat some carbs when I first wake up. 2.5 hours before heavy weight training and as soon after training as I possible can. I combine these carbs with a lot of protein and some good fats like coconut oil. Besides that.... no carbs for me. I also try to eat slower carbs like quinoa or lentils maybe black beans. One off day a weak I only eat breakfast and dinner. That is a fast for meSmile I normally eat 5 to 6 times a day.

The important thing is when you get the fuel/food in your body. Eat food when you are going to rest and it will store itself as fat. Eat food when you plan on exercising and it will work as fuel for your muscles.

Most guys in the gym/manosphere (I Like that word) Don't know crap about nutrition or working out. I laugh at the half rep bench presses and squats then boasts about how they can bench 350 or something. They wonder why they don't get leaner or bigger... I am still getting stronger slowly and bigger slowly but my training is spot on and my nutrition is really about 90% on check.

The importance of some carbs in your body is to cause a insulin spike. This literally drives protein into your muscles. Without carbs the insulin spike is not as large. If you spike insulin when you have not damaged/ripped down your muscles they have no need for fuel and insulin drives anything you eat into fat storage.

Anyway I agree and disagree with what you said. Carb cycling and intermittent fasting when done to create anabolic windows and optimize them can keep you gaining muscle when you are approaching your genetic potential. But the typical gymrat or pot bellied protein shake drinker has no idea what they are talking about.

Hope that helped make some more sense out of it. Didn't want to get to deep/ in-depth and derail the thread.

Keto diets are good and can work well but I always hit a wall with them and to keep losing/ cutting fat and not lose muscle I have to tweak things a little.
06-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Find Reply